Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice Kennedy Announces He's Retiring
Item 0ne: the retiring justice was a Republican nominee. Do you really expect a replacement, if appointed by Republicans, to be all that different? Take a drink and relax. It's not what the Talking Heads would have you believe.

Item Two: Trump is violating the Constitution? Really? Does anyone have any evidence of that, at all? More Talking Head bullshit.

Item Three: no need to get giddy with excitement - life will go on the same as usual. This ain't gonna change a thing, no matter who gets nominated.

Item Four: The abortion debate is not about a "right to life" OR a "woman's right to choose her reproductive health". Reproductive health my ass - it's about convenient birth control for women who have no SELF control. If we are to take the Bible as a guide (and conservatives really love this argument, judging by the trash they've thrown at me over it), then the parents, specifically the father, have the absolute right to choose life or death of children. Come to think of it, liberals don't like that argument much, either, since it doesn't give women the right to kill off a man's offspring unilaterally. My own thinking on the matter is that it ought to be a mutual decision, since there is a life in the balance. If momma wants to kill it off but pa don't, then action in that direction ought to be deemed murder, and prosecuted accordingly. Likewise if pa wants to kill it off but ma don't - if he forces the issue, then it ought to be deemed murder, and prosecuted accordingly. If someone wants that baby, give it to 'em, and in that case disallow child support in either direction. I know EXACTLY how life would go for a woman that decided to kill off MY young-un without my consent, but that is probably a different matter.

Item Five: If Progressive really think they are going to sweep the slate, then let 'em try. There are exactly NO indicators pointing in that direction. I can't for the life of me understand why folks are getting all het up over this. Give 'em their months, then take the vote, and let the weeping and wailing fall where it may. I'm good with that, if they think they really want it.... but they should be careful what they wish for. It would be embarrassing to watch it happen, and Progressives fall flat on their faces. They may want to re-think that, but if not, then damn the torpedos and full steam ahead!

Item Six: "The existing court’s assault on voting rights, collective bargaining and religious liberty is awful enough" - Really? Seriously? Have none of these people been watching the news? The current court has recently affirmed religious liberty AND collective bargaining (specifically the right to opt out of it if one is of that mind set, rather than being forced into a collective he wants no part of) - NO ONE has the right to pick MY pocket to drive THEIR political agenda. What "assault on voting rights" are they referring to? The need to prove one is a citizen before casting a vote in national matters? Why would NON-CITIZENS be allowed to vote? Does that mean that my vote is valid in elections in Abkhazia? Should I be allowed to vote in any election that comes along, whether I have a stake in that country or not?

Seriously - relax. take a drink, feel the sunshine. Nothing is going to change... unless you let the Talking Heads provoke a war. Now, if it comes to that, I'm ready to shoot some motherfuckers, and lots of 'em if they tromp my turf... but I'd really rather not. Everyone go fishing - the world will still be here when you get back, and fishing is a lot healthier than fomenting a war.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Kennedy Announces He's Retiring - by Ninurta - 06-28-2018, 07:55 AM
RE: Justice Kennedy Announces He's Retiring - by Wallfire - 06-28-2018, 11:27 AM