Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Current Electric Cars
(07-19-2019, 04:00 PM)BIAD Wrote: Someone else gets it.

"Someone else gets it"? You have a talent for understatement - he's a freaking genius!

When 'lectrics were first discussed here in the US, the consensus amongst us freedom-loving folk was that they were designed to implement population control by concentrating people in the cities. When your transport has such limited range before needing a cumbersome recharge, you are necessarily limited to a small radius of travel. That would be a situation ideally suited to They Who are Above This (T.W.A.T) who want to concentrate people in urban areas for the control that provides. When you have a country of mostly Urbanites, you can control their lives from cradle to grave by controlling their energy consumption, and even their food consumption. Is the populace getting out of hand? Just cut off their lights, their water, and their food - an easy thing to do with a concentrated urban population. Flip a switch, the city goes dark, water stops flowing from the tap, chaos ensues. Block deliveries to grocery stores, and hungry, thirsty people will do pretty much whatever you say to get their belly full.

At that point, you OWN them, the same as any plantation master of old.

A few years ago, we moved from Kansas City to here. We had a single pickup truck, piled everything we had gathered on to it, filled it up with gasoline, and took off. 19 hours later, after a couple of 10 minute fuel stops, we were here. I just drove straight through, half way across the nation, and only stopped for gas. Had I been forced to do that in a 'lectric, the time factor would have drastically increased. As far as I know, there are no 10 minute stops to recharge your vehicle with electricity. If I were limited to a 'lectric, I'd rather have used horses - fuel for them is EVERYWHERE!

Just today, we drove 120 miles (round trip) just to go to a decent steak house. We did it in a gas-guzzlin' Jeep. It's an older model Jeep, made the year before they made the last real Jeeps, and is known far and wide to be able to climb trees when modern Jeeps can't even get out of bed... but that comes at a price, and that price is being able to consume great quantities of gasoline. The 'lectric hasn't been made that can do what my Jeep can. If you can show me one that can, I will eat this Jeep starting with the bumper, and not stop until the tailpipe is digested.

Mobility is freedom, and curtailing folks' ability to be mobile is control... and that is what this "Great Green 'Lectric Revolution" is all about. They give not a rat's ass about "the environment" - that is just opium for the masses - it's ALL about their ability to control the population. "Climate Change" ( I started to type "Global Warming" before I recalled that excuse has been shot down in flames) is just a population control measure so that They Who are Above This (T.W.A.T) can get most if not all humans corralled into controlled cities.

The 04-2019 issue of "National Geographic" magazine is entitled "Cities", and subtitled "Ideas for a Brighter Future". I picked up a copy, read through it, and was utterly amazed at what they are trying to convince unthinking people can be done. It can't. Not as presented. They had visions of self-reliant cities, compact and concentrated, but which can somehow generate their own needs - food for example. Do you realize how much space is required to feed a SINGLE family for a year? That amount of space is not, and cannot be made, available in an urban environment... especially not a "concentrated population" urban environment. Multiply that space by a million or so, and you begin to see the infeasability of their pipe dreams.

That is just ONE example of the point where the plans break down. There are dozens more, but an unthinking population will fail to evaluate the threat they are willingly walking into for convenience's sake. An urban kid was asked some years ago if he knew where his hamburger came from. His immediate reply was "the grocery store, of course!", and he had no idea of what went into the production of a quarter pound hamburger, or where or how that was accomplished - he just thought it magically appeared at "the grocery store, of course!".

And so it goes as the sheep are led to slaughter.

The new James Bond flick he mentioned blew my mind. 007 laid low by PC? Cock-blocked by a mere feminist? The Bond I recall would never have stood still for such an outrage! Let's hope his fandom will not, either - else they just get what they deserve! If it does not contain a scene where Daniel Craig marches up to "M" and demands that his number be retired or else he will kill every living thing within 40 km of where he stands, then the movie is a failure, right out of the gate, and a betrayal of all things Bond. Ian Fleming will be spinning like a top.

ETA: I nearly forgot. Batteries. I know a man, personally, who yet lives, who was involved in classified R+D in the late 1970's of a battery. He said they developed a battery, the size of an automobile battery, that could power the city of Cleveland, OH (population at that time around 750,000) for 4 years. The entire city. 4 years. I wonder why we never heard of that battery since? I wonder why they can't put something like that in 'Lectrics to increase their range? things that make you go "hmmmm..."

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Current Electric Cars - by 727Sky - 04-22-2018, 08:11 AM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by guohua - 04-22-2018, 03:00 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by Wallfire - 04-22-2018, 03:18 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by gordi - 04-23-2018, 08:36 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by Wallfire - 04-24-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by Wallfire - 04-26-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by gordi - 04-26-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by BIAD - 05-03-2018, 09:30 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by gordi - 05-03-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by BIAD - 06-17-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: Current Electric Cars - by BIAD - 05-26-2018, 09:47 AM