Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Speech Being Removed by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft
This part here, from the article just above ^^^^^

Quote:This controversial bit of legislation broadly defines illegal communication as “using public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,” a definition that could, frankly, apply to pretty much every website on earth at some point, particularly Britain’s own Daily Mail.

Violating this law can carry a six-month prison term or fine of up to the equivalent of $5,500.

From my little bit of time dealing with Facebook, half if not more posts that I read are annoying and may cause anxiety....smh
So there is no telling what goes on in private messages, being as I have read about someone saying they blocked another person for a mean nasty message.

There is a lot of 'hate' filled comments on FB, more so than Twitter I think, being as they can carry on a dialog within a post.
Therefore depending on the topic, the comments can get way off track and downright insulting and nasty.

Over half of FB would be arrested or fined IMO if that happened in the U.S.....LOL

Sadly, people can be downright mean on the internet.
Virtual bullies is what they are.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Speech Being Removed by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft - by senona - 06-03-2016, 05:25 AM