Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(08-17-2021, 06:31 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 06:15 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ...The brotherhood likely stops at the beard. Erwin is far more adventurous than I.
I don't go into caves any more, because, cave spiders.
And wyrms. I learned my lesson about then from Erwin's videos, Nasty buggers, and they appear to be ill-tempered to boot!

So, the Pixie Hunter saga continues. Erwin now boasts 23 YouTube videos centered on Pixie Hunting, and if you binge watch them all, in sequence, with no breaks between, there is 3 hours, 3 minutes, and 48 seconds of documentary video evidence for the existence of pixies roaming the British countryside - and that's pretty damned impressive!

Oh anything that has the advantage of being at the height and speed that Tom's Wrym displayed would make me
react not unlike Marion did with Indiana's shoulders when she saw the temple snakes!

In regards of of the locality of Erwin's Pixies, I want to say Wistman's Woods, but I think Puzzlewood could also have
been used in parts.

Well, I'm not big on shooting things inside caves, because it's hard to duck fast enough to dodge riccochets, but in the case of that wyrm, I might have to make an exception. Wyrm steaks for all!

Years and years ago, I did go into a cave with the intent of shooting one of it's denizens, because folks around here scoffed that rats could grow that big. These rats were, I kid you not, between a foot and a half and two feet long, and built nests that were about 5 foot in diameter out of sticks. See? I told you folks didn't believe it! Two of us were just barely adventurous enough for the undertaking - myself, and another stalwart young lad about my age named Donnie Miller, who is sadly now deceased.

Anyhow, as we were in there hunting for the rats, we noticed that we weren't finding any. The nests were still there, but in disrepair, and there were old, rat-gnawed deer bones scattered around the cave floor, but no rats. I had loaded some rifle shells with bird shot to avoid riccocheting slugs just for that occasion - this was years ago, before I learned the fine art of the pistolero. We went deeper and deeper into the cave, still no rats. A few dozen yards into the cave, there was a low passage you had to crawl through which opened into a larger room, sugar-loaf shaped and about 20 feet to the peak of the ceiling. From that, there was a tighter passage off to the side that sloped downward, bottomed out for about two feet, then sloped back upward, both slopes being slick with mud. We got to the bottom of that, and started up the other side when we started seeing cat tracks in the mud, about the size of a regular house cat, and we wondered how in the world a cat had gotten that far into the cave without getting rat-eaten, and we still wondered where the rats were hiding, as we had seen nary a single one.

About half way up the upward slope, in the midst of the cat tracks, we found a HUGE cat track, about 4 or 4 1/2 inches across. It was then that we realized the "cat" tracks were mountain lion kitten tracks... and momma was in there with them! It didn't take us nearly as long to get back out of the cave as it had taken us to get IN to it, I tell ya!

But we knew then where the rats had gone.

Once outside the cave, we rationalized that, being inside a cave, those tracks could have been hundreds of years old, and just been protected from degrading in the elements by virtue of being sheltered in a cave. However, on the way back up the wooded draw from the cave, there were moss covered boulders in the creek bed, and on those boulders, I noticed moss torn off and scratched away in 4 or 4 1/2 inch patches, with 4 claw marks evenly spaced in them where a really big cat had clawed them for purchase going up the draw on nightly forays... and those tracks had to be a good deal more recent than a few hundred years old.

All the way up that draw, until we reached a road, I could feel wildcat kittens climbing my back and jumping off the top of my head. At least it felt like something  was crawling up my spine...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I defer to your wisdom in reference to the filming location. After all, you are the one who found the precise standing stone circle from the Devon video! I'm partial to Puzzlewood, as that is in the Forest of Dean, also the setting of one of my favorite TV shows, "Primeval". Perhaps the pixies are using those bright shiny portals there which have the appearance of glass shards to travel between dimensions... or time itself...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Ninurta - 08-17-2021, 07:43 PM