Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(05-21-2021, 11:41 AM)gordi Wrote: I popped in to let @BIAD know that Erwin was back with a new video, but I see that he has that covered already.

So, while I'm here... There is a nice stone labyrinth of this design in a dramatic setting beneath an ancient castle in Dunure (Ayrshire). Haven't you got links to that particular area @Ninurta ?
I've taken my boys there a few times in the past, but unfortunately.... the labyrinth is apparently a very recent addition to the site and not an ancient one! Booooo!!!!!
It's still a lovely place to visit.

[Image: IMG_20180508_083434_260.jpg]

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/dunure-labyrinth

cheers!
G

Yessir, I do. I descend from the McElwaines, the "Lairds of Grimmet", With ties to Grimmet, Attaquin, Maybole, and Thomaston in Ayrshire. The first of that clan to make it all the way out to these hinterlands was a Tunis McElwaine. I've been to his grave, and the headstone spells his surname as "Mucklewane". Some of his kids along another branch, a different one from mine, bastardized the name to "Wayne", and have used that form ever since, claiming kinship with mad Anthony Wayne, which is incorrect as far as I can determine. The timelines are all wrong. Mad Anthony was a "Wayne" and a general long before that McElwaine line started using that name.

I don't know how Bruce Wayne factors into it.

The clan had been here for some time, coming to the colonies at Lewes, DE in 1714, by way of a 100 year sojourn at the Northern Ireland Plantations, having been transported there for being religiously bothersome. Tunis was an intrepid young lad, and was an "Indian Spy" or scout for the militia at 14 years old. He ran a 60 mile circuit route in Tygart's Valley, in what is now West Virginia, examining trails for Indian sign to give alarm to 3 settlements/forts along his route should there be any incursions. His dad had been an Indian trader in the Pennsylvania Colony, which I reckon is where he learned his trade. After the Revolution, he married a German girl named Propst and they moved farther west, into the wilderness for which he was better suited.

There is a town in Virginia, Tunis, named for him. It's right near to Propstburg.

That sort of labyrinth has been found carved into ancient megalithic tombs as a symbol, and most of the actual on the ground ones left today are, like the one you point out, more modern additions. The rounds are walked as a sort of meditation, and are said to calm the mind and allow for deeper thought and some degree of relaxation.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Ninurta - 05-21-2021, 10:56 PM