Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
Quote:Gordi wrote:

What I don't get is... the (obviously CGI/faked) pixie footage doesn't seem to "sit" with the lovely, bumbling nature of the man himself.
Is he just a caricature? A role that the on-screen actor is playing? Because I can't see THAT guy inserting pretty good CGI monkey-pixie
footage into these quaint wee clips. Or is someone else editing the footage for him and doing the CGI stuff for a giggle??

If he's an actor playing a role then he's very good! I can see him doing an Art/Painting show on TV.
If he's REAL and someone else is doing the creative editing... does he know?? Because he comes across as being very genuine to me.
Mad, but genuine!...

Quote:Wallfire wrote:

I think that Gordi has hit the nail on the head. How could such a nice old character be doing CGI.
When I first seen the videos it remembered me of some group carrying out some form of  experiment into the control or shall we say
behaviour adjustment of people who watch his videos.

For example how much are people willing to forgive or believe what  they see and are told because of the character that tells about it.
Now I just enjoy them...

It is perplexing -to say the least!
Here we have a man who seems exactly as Gordi and Wallfire describe, and a subject matter that is at odds with this character.
Our rational minds tell us to just enjoy the light-hearted humorous jaunts through the English woodlands with Erwin and seem
to nod towards gentler-times, when comedy was less abrasive.

Yet, the core reason for the videos is presented as factual and there's never any reference to the existence of Pixies in a jocular
manner. To the bumbling Erwin, the small humanoids -and now a cave-dwelling Wyrm-thing, are presented as plain matter-of-fact
and any information of these strange creatures involves small details that the bedraggled gent believes is important.

A previous video acknowledges that there is another person involved, a young man named 'Tom'. Tom -I believe, is the brains
behind the CGI and even attempted to involve a drone in the Pixie investigation. Erwin advised him -and the viewer, that the
apparatus was too noisy and so, we haven't been shown any fast-moving aerial footage.

So even if we accept that this mysterious Tom-character is the one drafting the theme of the videos and creating the little beings
living in the wood, it would still mean that Erwin must have agreed to maintain the falsehood and behave as if it was all true.
I doubt Erwin is delusional and cannot grasp that it's all a charade, his conduct doesn't give the viewer any evidence that he's
'living in a world of his own'!

In his recent 'camouflage' video, he comments that the viewer may not be able to see him and after pulling the netting away, he
says that he's joking of course. A excellent way of killing a prank and hinting he doesn't like to fool people behind their backs...
skillfully portraying that he's not a cruel person.

So where does one go from here?
We're taught that Pixies and fairy-folk belong in children's books and that the corners of our reality-map are all explored.
Well-spoken, polite people are generally intelligent and should be listened to for advice on how to better one's lifestyle.
The gentle nature of Erwin also implies that the pursuit of wealth is not paramount and many will automatically assume that he
lives a comfortable and successful life. Hence, we equate intelligence, high morals and wealth as a mark of a person who holds
standards that doesn't involve deception.

Erwin Saunders never attempts to sell you anything materialistic and even grumbles about having to ask the viewer to subscribe
to his video site. There's no indication of product-placement and through my searching, no other website regarding him and his
interests exist.

Yet, we're stuck with the subject-matter, Pixies!
How can the viewer apply the perception of this benign, affable character and his bumbling-yet-serious narrative with the pretence
that his friend Tom is performing? Erwin verbally and physically indicates where the creatures are and the viewer sees them.
Our reality demands that Erwin is pretending to observe the Pixies and Tom MUST inserts the CGI later.
Which means well-choreographed behavior, excellent acting and collusion by both parties.

I agree with Wallfire, that the easy way out of this puzzle is to just sit back and enjoy them. But in a world where we don't like to be
fooled, what options are there? There will always be viewers who will cajole Erwin to produce more videos for enjoyment purposes
only and there'll be some who will embrace the idea that it's all real.

The scary part is what if Mystic and the second set of viewers are correct... and Erwin is really who he is and those scurrying Pixies
are really who they are?!!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by BIAD - 05-22-2019, 12:44 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM