Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(05-04-2019, 07:55 PM)BIAD Wrote: Either the mysterious 'Tom' is a computer-art genius or the Pixies are... Oh my.  tinywhat

I'm of the opinion that it would take 3 or 4 people - a photography/film expert, a 3D modeling expert, and a CGI animator... plus Erwin the Presenter, the 4th person.

Erwin seems a master at the presenters art - he pulls off the bumbling professorial type beautifully. His rambling, waffling speech and the way that he seems to never know what to do with his arms when on camera is priceless!

The detail in the pixies animation is great. They look all around as if hyper aware (something I do as well, which is probably why I noticed it - folks have told me that it looks like I'm trying to see everywhere at once!), they look back at where they're going (to make sure of their footing on the escape route), then back at Erwin, then back and forth a couple of times before leaping out of view. Arms and legs are perfectly aligned to maintain balance for whatever motion they do.

The motion blur upon panning or zooming the camera is precisely matched. The focal blur of the pixies is perfectly matched with the focal plane of their distance. The size of the model is always consistent with the background regardless of the zoom - I would presume that to not be easy, given the intricacies of the background. It's not like zooming in on a UFO CGI model in a cloudless sky where there is nothing to match up to.

Yup, I think the animator needs a job in Hollywood at a CGI house, if he or she doesn't already have one!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Ninurta - 05-04-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM