Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(05-04-2019, 06:33 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The most recently presented pixies (the Wilton Pixies) were according to Erwin, filmed some time ago, so that footage probably predates the initially presented pixies. Looking at them frame by frame, there are differences across time. The Wilton pixies (the ones tossing what appear to be grapes across rocks) are entirely naked and devoid of hair. In contrast, the other pixies wear loincloths with long tails on them, and frequently have a patch of short hair on their heads. Also, the occipital region of the Wilton pixies' heads are much more pointed, whereas the other pixies' heads are far more rounded at the back. Could be developmental differences over time, evolutionary differences, tribal markers (like the pointy headed indians from Central and South America, where babies heads were intentionally deformed to be more pointy)... OR it could just be adjustments to the 3D models used for the CGI over time.

The lighting on the pixies is spot-on matched to the background they are presented in, both in lighting direction and intensity/contrast. No problems there.

All of the motion blur I've examined is also a perfect match to the background motion blur (when the camera jiggles or is panned), so no tell-tales there, either.

What I'm looking for now is pixie interaction with the background - plants, branches, or leaves getting bumped, that sort of thing.

All in all, I think the CGI is top notch.

Some of the story line is questionable, though. For example, Erwin mentions their use of bows and arrows. I have serious reservations that a bow and arrow combination small enough for them to use could develop the mass-velocity combination necessary to penetrate the skins of "prey" animals the pixies might be hunting. I suppose it's possible, given the right combination of construction materials. If they are 10" tall as he says, and used bows modeled on longbows, that would make the bows also around 10" long,

Gotta git for now. maybe more later.

Brilliant analysis!
Either the mysterious 'Tom' is a computer-art genius or the Pixies are... Oh my.  tinywhat
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by BIAD - 05-04-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM