Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
We all have our reasons for believing as we do, and we all react differently to situations as they present themselves. In a group of a dozen people all witnessing the exact same event, you will get 12 different reports of what transpired. It's not that all of them saw something different, for they all saw the self-same event. It's that their perceptions are different, because each has his own personality, and to be honest, each is going to notice different facets and miss other facets that someone else noticed.

When I was a kid, learning to track, I discovered that if I was looking for a particular track, I could suddenly see them everywhere. It's not that the tracks weren't there before, it's just that when I tuned in to them, I saw them where I had missed them before. That's why I believe that people see different things in the same event. It's a matter of what they tune in to, as individuals.

even the same person will react differently at different times. Myself, for example - some days I am jaded and the entire world is just in shades of gray, other days I have hope, and a rainbow may add some color to the scene. Maybe it's unfounded hope, maybe not, but either way it adds the colors.

With the things you've seen, Mr. G, you know as well as anyone that each man fights his own war, even though they may be on the same battlefield... and each man brings his own war back home with him, and has to come to terms with it the best way he can. He has to make his own sense of it, if there is any sense to be made of it at all. There's no fault in that - it's what makes the world go around, the differences in folks. What a boring world this would be if we all saw everything exactly the same - there would be nothing to discuss at all!

Merry Christmas, y'all! We got a smattering of snow, and I'll bet you didn't... I kinda envy that, because the older I get, the less I like the cold - and I was never much of a fan of it to begin with!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Ninurta - 12-25-2017, 10:26 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM