Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
(12-23-2017, 11:21 AM)Grace Wrote: @'dadmansabode' 

Quote:Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. The son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of promise.

These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery (to the law - old covenant)

But the Jerusalem that us above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written: "Be glad, barren woman, you who never bore a child; shout for joy and cry aloud, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of the free woman."

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. (Ethnic Jews persecuted early Christians, if you recall)

"Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son."

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we (those under the new covenant) are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Galatians 4:21-31 (two comments in parentheses are my own)

http://biblehub.com/galatians/4-21.htm

Two covenants, two Jerusalems, one slave, one free. One is not God's - God abandoned one. That's from the new testament, showing the new covenant and the new Jerusalem as compared to the old, taught by the Messiah - himself a Jew - and by remnant Israel.

But let's just pretend that Zechariah hasn't been fulfilled - since you insist.  

14:16) Question - Will the modern Jewish peoples, under Messiah, be keeping all of the Old Covenant “feasts” when the N.T. writers (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) clearly state that such things were merely TEMPORARY TYPOLOGICAL TUTORS intended to lead Israel to Christ??

Will Christ then, in the future, lead the “modern Jewish Christians” and ALL THE NATIONS OF THE MODERN WORLD backwards – to those ancient and “rudimentary things” ( Gk: “stoicheion” – Col 2:8, 20; 2 Pet 3:10) that only served to point to Messiah, the cross, the resurrection, etc.???

The New testament writers tell us that a return to the Mosaic Economy (the OLD covenant system) would be to apostatize from Christ and to invalidate the cross of Christ!!

(14:16) – Will “all the nations” [of the entire modern world] soon be “going up” to the modern city of Jerusalem each year to celebrate the Jewish feasts?? How will we all fit??

Will all the nations of the world soon suddenly keep the feast of booths (tabernacles) yearly? Because, if we do not, God is going to bring plagues upon all those wicked nations and destroy their crops by withholding rain. (14:17-20)

Is modern Israel under Messiah going to return to the animal sacrifices that the new testament says would be nothing short of “blasphemous” (study the Book of Hebrews)?

For Zechariah to be speaking of a yet future date in a very literal and earthly sense, your saying that God will demand we become apostate and punish us all if we dont... which decidedly doesn't sound like something my God would demand. ...

Herein lies my problem with interpreting Zechariah your way where as with my interpretation there are no contradictions, no God punishing me if I refuse to sin, no twisting our heads a million directions all at once to make it all fit... just a clear explanation that makes sense.
My husband just Nods his head and says,,,"Grace is Absolutely Correct, Very Well Said."  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by guohua - 12-23-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM