Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
@"dadmansabode"

Quote:MOD NOTE FROM NINURTA:

Here's your public apology. I was only partly correct. The links in your signature are fine. The links within the body of your posts are not, but I will let those already there stand because it appears to me that, rather than trying to use yourself to support your argument, or trying to promote your blog, the links I questioned are being used to expand on your thought processes in reaching your conclusions. That's an entirely different thing, to my mind. I would prefer, however, that if you are going to do it that way, you would copy and paste the sections of your blog you are using as support here, and add the link to that material at the top or bottom of that section. That way, we as readers don't have to scamper across the internet to follow your logic - everything is all in one place. It would be best to post them as quotes, perhaps, to offset them and draw more emphasis to them.

That way, we can read the thoughts in order, follow the logic, and not have to scamper across the net, possibly losing our own trains of thought in the process and losing track of what you are saying and why you are saying it. I believe that way would promote a more amenable discourse.

Of course, that applies only to YOUR OWN material, your own thoughts. We would still have to link to third party sites, in order to avoid plagiarism and/or "intellectual property" entanglements.

I'm sorry, I apologize for not being clear, and we can get back to the regularly scheduled programming now.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Ninurta - 12-22-2017, 05:58 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM