Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
(12-21-2017, 02:03 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta" 
My husband said that you'd understand then when he says that he was raised in the Pentecostal Religion.

Yes, the so called Pentecostal movement began in 1906, it never existed prior to that date. 

What "speaking in tongues" means, according to the Bible, is a sudden knowledge of a known language - not something learned at school - which allows people to teach and/or preach to people in their own language the message of Jesus, of salvation.  

If I suddenly knew Chinese for instance, in order that I could teach you something the Bible says, that is speaking in tongues. It is a way to spread the gospel of Christ to those who have never heard it, and nothing more. 

People cursing God in languages they don't understand, is apparently a common occurrence in Pentecostal churches, and is good reason to stay away from them. 

Being filled with the Holy Spirit, is something different altogether from what those people teach. The Holy Spirit "guides you into all truth" 

"But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come."

"Ezekiel 36:27: “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.”

A prime example of hearing the Holy Spirit. I hear Bible verses a lot (or perhaps think them loudly), get exegesis on Biblical topics through hearing (or thinking loudly), have learned a LOT about the Bible and what it means that way and Iearned it fast.. no teacher, just what I hear. I've also had dreams which taught me the meaning of salvation and the role of Christ - which led me to faith in Christ and being saved  to begin with.

I've never spoken in tongues, and I've never heard anything that wasn't in the Bible... sure, there are different ways the Holy Spirit manifests, He convicts people of sins they are doing, tells them when they are going astray and more... 

While it's not explainable - i should not be a Bible scholar 3 years into being saved for instance - it's also not "weird". It has a clear meaning and reason. I needed a clear understanding of what the Bible means by what it says, for instance. 

That's what the Holy Spirit does... and every person has to also learn to discern the spirit.. meaning, you have to make sure your hearing from God and not self or other
, there are clear things God does, and clear things God doesn't do... He will never tell you to jump off a bridge, or act like a fool in church, for instance, he will never explain the Bible incorrectly, or say things not in the Bible.  

I believe, because of my own experiences,  although I don't expect anyone else to understand - and many might think me crazy, but there will never be an explaination for all that happened to me either that caused me to become saved and learn the Bible so fast that isn't God and the promised Holy Spirit. ..

Jeremiah says:

"The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will plant the kingdoms of Israel and Judah with the offspring of people and of animals. Just as I watched over them to uproot and tear down, and to overthrow, destroy and bring disaster, so I will watch over them to build and to plant," declares the LORD. In those days people will no longer say, 'The parents have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.' Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes--their own teeth will be set on edge. "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

This is now, today, and what the Holy Spirit does and is.This, from the old testament, sums up exactly what Christianity is and has been since Christ, and helps understand what the Holy Spirit does and is for.

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Grace - 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM