Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
(12-19-2017, 03:45 AM)dadmansabode Wrote:  It Is Finished  ..  John 19:30 < His redemptive work is done - there is now therefore no more sacrifice for sin

Exactly.

Quote:Again, already done: " Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." "
-- John 2:19  < But the temple he had spoken of was his body -- John 2:21

Exactly. Yet, for some odd and perplexing reason, people keep looking for the Jews to build a third, and ultimately useless, temple. God's people already have their temple, as you so aptly point out.

Quote:A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah
you should cease quoting scripture till you have an idea of what your are speaking about

I know exactly whereof I speak. I'm ready to throw down whenever you are. I have a fairly decent education in Biblical matters - enough to know that all that dispensationalist and millennialist claptrap is just that, stumbling blocks thrown out to lead even the very elect astray, if that were possible.

But it's not.

So on with all the rest of that Scofield baloney. It's there to lead people astray, and away from the focal points.

Quote:II Thessalonians 02:01-05 .. now we request you .. brethren .. with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to him .. that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us .. to the effect that the day of Christ has come .. let no one in any way deceive you .. for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first .. and the man of lawlessness is revealed .. the son of destruction .. who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship .. so that he takes his seat in the temple of God .. displaying himself as being God .. do you not remember that while I was still with you .. I was telling you these things ........... II Thessalonians

Also already accomplished.

Quote: Jesus then left them and went away.
Quote:Acts 01:09-11 .. and after he had said these things .. he was lifted up while they were looking on .. and a cloud received him out of their sight .. and as they were gazing intently into the sky while he was going .. behold .. two men in white clothing stood beside them .. they also said . . . men of Galilee .. why do you stand looking into the sky .. this Jesus .. who has been taken up from you into heaven .. will come in just the same way as you have watched him go into heaven

That is an entirely different incident of Jesus "going away". I'm good with it, but maybe you shouldn't confuse the two separate incidents (actually three separate incidents, but two were alike, and one was not - figure out the difference), as each has a different impact.

Anyhow, what bearing does it have on dispensationalism and millennialism? One is taught in the Bible, the others are not... unless one counts the Scofield Bible, of course. My stance has always been that if you need some human to "explain" it to you, then you are probably reading it wrong. It speaks pretty plainly on it's own, without help, to those willing to listen to what it says, rather than what they WANT it to say.

Quote:I'm sure it's possible that something that looks like a mushroom may eventually be involved. ..... indeed

Since you seem to be big on using the Bible as a divination tool, I'll give you this one as a freebie:

"12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?" "

-- Revelations 6:12 - 17

There's your mushroom cloud, right where you want to see it.

Unless you're looking at it wrong, that is...

Quiz question - guess who ELSE was looking for signs?

Keep looking for your new Jewish temple in Jerusalem. I'll be busy looking to God. I bet I see mine first.

By the way - have you noticed that when I post a link it is to an independent source, but when you post one it goes back to... your own blog? That's something you might want to see to.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Ninurta - 12-19-2017, 04:53 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM