Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
(12-17-2017, 05:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
UN council weighs measure rejecting US Jerusalem decision

Quote:United Nations (United States) (AFP) - The UN Security Council is considering a draft resolution affirming that any change to the status of Jerusalem has no legal effect and must be reversed, in response to the US decision to recognize the city as Israel's capital.

Well, isn't that just so cute? Someone still thinks the UN is a lawmaking body! A UN "draft resolution" plus $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds. Other than that, it has no effect whatsoever, and without the buck fifty, it won't even have an effect at McDonald's. The UN has no jurisdiction to determine "legal effect" - it's not a court - and no authority at all to demand that anything at all be reversed. the sons of bitches couldn't effectively demand that I change the windshield wipers on my car, much less determine what the US does and does not choose to recognize, or where we put any of our embassies.

Quote:"Any decisions and actions which purport to have altered the character, status or demographic composition of the Holy City of Jerusalem have no legal effect, are null and void and must be rescinded," it said.

See above. They simply don't have the authority to demand ANY of that. They even mention "demographics", which no one else has. I could claim that, demographically, Jerusalem is populated entirely by unicorns that crap out Skittles, and they couldn't force me to "rescind" it, nor are they qualified to ascertain the "legal effect" of it.

Quote:Diplomats said they expected the United States to use its veto power to block the measure while most, if not all, of the 14 other council members were expected to back the draft resolution.

Read more:  Source

Yeah, well, we ARE the Big Dog on the block, and we DO give the UN most of it's funding and all of it's land area, and even with that our veto means exactly jack shit. Of what effect is a veto on a resolution that itself has no effect? That's kinda like trying to make nothing go away by throwing nothing at it.

Face it - the UN is just a group of folks who have found a way to get their money for nothing and their kicks for free. They get paid to sit around and jabber, which jabbering has exactly no effect, impact, or legal standing. In the entire history of the UN, it has accomplished exactly nothing, and spent a whole lot of our hard-earned money doing it. It's time for us to exit that madhouse, stop funding it, and kick them off US soil. Maybe they should go to Brussels and take lessons in Law from the World Court... but I have my doubts that the World Court knows much about Law, either. Still, they could throw parties together and stuff, maybe visit each other's houses and debate the drapes.

It's kind of a running joke that anyone at all gives a flying crap about what is said at the UN.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Ninurta - 12-18-2017, 05:59 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM