Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About?
(11-11-2020, 12:53 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 12:38 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 12:25 PM)WonderCow Wrote: It's definitely a liger, I just googled it, I don't see what else it could be.

It's a major pain to do pics from my tablet though.

No problems.

I see your point, the fur isn't as thick, but the overall shape does offer a likeness.
If the animal in Ninurta's pictures is such a creature, then it must've escaped from a zoo or compound.
I wonder why no warnings were issued?!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8606]

If it escaped from a private menagerie, it might not have been reported due to licensing issues. Some localities ban private possession of "wild animals" altogether, and some require licensing. For example, when I was raising Timber Shepherds in NC, I had to maintain a wild animal permit, but in VA they are banned altogether.

Now, I don't know how one could keep possession of a liger secret, as big and as rare as they are. It seems to me that if it was an escapee, licensed or not, someone would know who the owner was and would have blown a whistle, but it does happen. When I was living in Gibsonville NC, a farmer shot a canine chasing his sheep, the carcass of which which was identified as a timber wolf, so they went to all the folks around there who had wolves to locate the source, but the source was never found. All privately held animals were accounted for.

Similar felines have been reported in the Appalachians for a couple of hundred years now, since white folks barged onto the scene, which also argues against an escapee. They are known by different names in different areas - in West Virginia, they were called "wampus cats", but I always figured a wampus was just a feral cat.

I was watching a show called Fatal Attraction I think on animal planet, one episode had a guy in a highrise apartment in Brooklyn or Manhattan who had a 500 lb bengal tiger living with him from the time it was a cub.

Police came and tranquilized the tiger.l, I believe it's at a sanctuary now.  But if he could hide an animal like that in an environment like that, no doubt somebody in a rural setting could hide a liger

But like you said, theres the issue of the rarity of a liger.  Lion and tiger cubs are rare enough, let alone a liger.  BUT, in our insane world, I wouldn't be surprised if unscrupulous met unscrupulous and a liger cub was sold off quietly for the right price. 

I'm not convinced it's a liger in the photo.  Too much of a slope to the back, like a hyena or smilodon. Plus the longer fur isn't right. Can't find a single picture of a longer haired liger. I also made the mistake of googling "furry liger."
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 12-03-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-09-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 04-22-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 01:24 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Schmoe1 - 11-11-2020, 01:45 AM