Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About?
(11-10-2020, 08:43 AM)drussell41 Wrote: Yeah, you're right.

So we're thinking some kind of feline/canid?  How big are coy-wolves getting?   Probably not that big, but WTH is it?   It can't be smilodon, etc.  What I DO know:  sure as shit would not want to run into this.   What would you estimate the weight at?   Holy crap, it's big.  800 lbs?

Does it look like to you that there's a mismatch between the front and rear legs?   The front are much thicker; the full foot looks like it may be on the ground.   The rear:  very thin shanks and definitely digigrade. I think the width difference between shoulders and hips is pretty weird too.

I think it is some sort of felid.

All of the coyotes around here are really coy-wolves. There aren't any pure bred coyotes here. They speculate that they picked up the wolf part in Minnesota, when they crossed the Mississippi River. Most are around the size of a German Shepherd or a bit smaller, but I did see one early one morning that was about 5 feet long from the tip of it's nose to where it's tail met it's body, which is huge even for a wolf. It looked more like a wolf than a coyote - blunter ears and snout, gray shaggy coat, bushier tail. Both wolves and coyotes have longer legs than German Shepherds, and that one stood about 3 feet tall or maybe just a tad bit more at the shoulder.

I would guess the weight at 450 or 500 pounds on the critter in the photo. It really depends on muscle mass weight, but it doesn't have the gut volume a bear would have at a higher weight, which brings my estimate downward.

There IS a mismatch between front and rear legs. The front is much bulkier and more powerfully built, and taller than the hindquarters. Thay reminds me of a smilodon or a hyena. Hyenas did used to roam these hills in the long ago, but I don't think any of them ever got that big. Interestingly, The Lakota have a legend of a "Shunka-Warakin" that translates to "it carries off dogs", and which some cryptozoologists identify as some variety of hyena.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 12-03-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-09-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Ninurta - 11-11-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 04-22-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 01:24 PM