Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About?
[attachment=7335 Wrote:BIAD pid='36114' dateline='1584870299']
@Ninurta.

Wow, that is one big cat! Do you think it's been identified and classified in the zoological mainstream
circles?

Nah, but it's not anything I can't handle with my trusty pointy stick!

@"Gordi" - That's what I thought too - Smilodon. It has the proper massive forelegs and slope to it's back, but I can't make out enough of the tail for a stronger ID. I saw a skeleton of one from La Brea Tar Pits in the Cleveland Museum of Natural History one time, but that was years and years ago, I was just a kid, and can't recall how big it was. the only sure thing is that it would have looked a lot bigger at the time, because I was littler.

I'll scare up a couple more images that are alleged to be the same thing, from different angles when I can. Neither of them show the tail, however, and one shows nothing but the ridge of it's back.

The pictures were all taken in Cherokee County, NC.

ETA - The other pictures:

Footprints - 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7335]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7336]

To be honest, the footprints don't look right to me. A big cat's forepaw is usually wider than it is long, and it's rear paw is longer than it is wide - these are closer to perfectly round.

Side view - 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7337]

Just it's back - 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7338]

That one was taken by a trail cam placed on a post at a tractor shed on a farm. It could be anything, from a coyote to a wolf to a cryptid to a dog... well, you get the idea. I have no idea how high on the post the trail cam was placed, but it was put there to attempt to identify miscreants mucking about in the shed who weren't supposed to be, so I'm guessing it ought to be about man-height.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 12-03-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-09-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Ninurta - 03-23-2020, 12:38 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 04-22-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by Wallfire - 05-05-2020, 09:17 AM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About? - by drussell41 - 11-10-2020, 01:24 PM