Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] Tube Train Explosion.
Tube Train Explosion.

Quote:'A FIREBALL FLEW DOWN THE CARRIAGE'
'Parsons Green Tube explosion leaves commuters with ‘facial burns and hair on fire’ sending
terrified passengers ‘running for their lives’

An explosion on a London Underground train has left commuters with "facial burns" after a "fireball
flew down a carriage" and injured "about 20 people". Emergency services are at the scene in South
London with police yet to comment on whether the blast is thought to be a terrorist attack as pictures
emerge of a suspected device.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2477]

People fled the station screaming as the blast sent flames flying with a Metro reporter at the scene
saying people are "really badly burned" adding that "their hair was coming off".

An onlooker said a "fireball flew down a carriage" with panicked commuters diving out an open door
at the South West London station.

A picture believed to have been taken on a District Line train shows a burning plastic bucket with what
appear to be wires coming from it. The blast appears to have come from the suspected device placed
in a Lidl bag and left by the tube carriage door.

Train services through the area have been halted with commuters reporting they were informed of a
"security incident". An onlooker tweeted: "Huge police presence at Parsons Green. Was told by a police
officer to "get somewhere safe as quickly as I can."

Some told of having to "run for their lives" after the suspected blast this morning, while others claimed
victims were left with "facial injuries". Sun reporter Harry Cole, who is at the scene, said: "Everyone came
running out the station after reports of an explosion on the platform.

"You could see people were visibly shaken and hundreds were flooding out as armed police ran towards
the station. There's currently a police helicopter hovering overhead and a huge emergency serviced
presence. "The cordon is getting bigger and bigger now.

"More than 100 people were easily running from the station after the reports came in as it was peak time.
"They are being taken to the actual green and you can see people are in tears and hugging each other.
"It's absolute chaos."

A witness said: "It was absolute chaos, no I didn't hear anything just everyone started running and screaming.
"People were trampling over each other on the stairs to get out. Man climbing over school kids. It was horrible."
A woman who was on the tube told 5live: "I was in the carriage next to it or the one along as the screaming as it
happened it felt really, really loud...'

SOURCE:

Quote:'..."There was one lady as I came out having a bottle of water tipped over her face and hands.
"I was on the phone to my mum and she said 'leave the area and go home'.
I felt very British I lost my shoe but I went to get it. I'm a bit shaken up."...'

What an odd-thing to say?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
[UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by BIAD - 09-15-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by Daitengu - 09-15-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by BIAD - 09-15-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by BIAD - 09-15-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by Wallfire - 09-15-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by BIAD - 09-15-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by BIAD - 09-15-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: [UK] Tube Train Explosion. - by Daitengu - 09-15-2017, 11:56 AM