Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The USSR was NOT economically Communist.
Explanation: This will be very quick and simple ...

Economic Communism MEANS ... EVERYBODY [including the babies] get PAID the SAME amount regardless. This is self evident and obvious and if you can't see it then I suggest that you are economically blind.

The USSR was NOT economically communist and here is my singular shitty proof quote sourced from wiki ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Komarov

And here is the actual quote ...

Quote: By 1962, Komarov was the third highest paid cosmonaut, due to his qualifications, rank and experience. He earned 528 rubles a month, with only cosmonauts 1 and 2 Yuri Gagarin and Gherman Titov being more highly paid.

Personal Disclosure: I don't expect many replies because what can you say in the face of such evidence, except to agree!?
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
It seems some animals are more equal than others... eh, O.L!!!
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(08-20-2017, 09:12 PM)BIAD Wrote: It seems some animals are more equal than others... eh, O.L!!!
minusculebeercheers
From your Link,,, the lsy Sentence relates to Communism.

Quote:“Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits.

Yet he is lord of all the animals. He sets them to work, he gives back to them the bare minimum that will prevent them from starving, and the rest he keeps for himself.” 

― George OrwellAnimal Farm
[url=https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2207778][/url]
YUP!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
How much is 528 rubles?  I couldn't get the money converter to work.
(08-21-2017, 01:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: How much is 528 rubles?  I couldn't get the money converter to work.

Here you go Dear Mystic Wanderer.

528 Russian Ruble equals 8.931 US Dollar.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Explanation: That is under current ruble to U$D exchange rates ... it was different in the 60's ... but not by much ...

1962 Ruble to USD convertion website.

Quote:1962 Russian Rubles or 1962 RUB to USD: = 33,26 US Dollars By rate: 0,01695

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps.

EDITED: Gah ..the above information is WRONG .... I made a mistake and the website fooled me by making me think 1962 was the year ..not rubles. PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST!

P.S. trying to find economic information more than 10years old on the web is very hard :( IF I do find a proper converter I shall post again. SORRY :(
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Quote:What cost $8.931 in 1962 would cost $72.01 in 2016.
Also, if you were to buy exactly the same products in 2016 and 1962,
they would cost you $8.931 and $1.12 respectively.

Inflation Calculator

As I recall, in 1962, my dear old dad was making $90.00 a month working in a factory. Therefore, highly paid cosmonauts in Russia made a little less than the average American factory worker in those days.

Keep in mind, however, that the prices of products were probably tightly controlled by the state in the Soviet Union, so a Russian Cosmonaut salary may have stretched a little further than an American factory worker's wages, per egg and slice of bread.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’