Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Devil Of A Job.
(08-12-2017, 09:35 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: How many stories do you have in that brain?   tinylaughing  
One helluva imagination!                                                         minusculeclap

It usually starts just about the time I fall towards sleep.
The soft footfalls begin usually around midnight and sometimes, I can hear their giggling and whispering as the
tales gather at the side of the bed awaiting my decision of who get's to take a ride to Rogue-Nation-Land.

"I am a shocker..."states an unhealthy lean one with eyes that smoulder in an eldritch fog, "No-no, I'm your
huckleberry" suggests another that sways to an unknown rhythm and with a sleepy gaze, I watch it's skin
blister and bubble.

They jostle and joggle, scramble and shoulder, yarn-after-yarn in competition for the journey.

A security light goes on in the garden and the bedroom's shadows become gossamer, light tastes sour to
stories that lurk. "It's BIAD..." gasps one, "...he's out-and-about again" and the small gaggle of half-evolved
ideas shuffle back towards the darkness.
Maybe not tonight.

The trespassing cat that seeks a scurrying murine or a slumbering bird, cannot comprehend the congregation
that dwells in the house and the fear it's created from the illumination it caused.
A nocturnal butterfly-effect.

"Maybe tomorrow night?" one the older anecdote's suggests and just like starlings that swarm in the twilight
at the end of a warm summer's day, they move as-one towards the edge of my imagination and the forbearing
Sandman welcomes me aboard his dory of dreams.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
A Devil Of A Job. - by BIAD - 08-12-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: A Devil Of A Job. - by guohua - 08-12-2017, 06:49 PM
RE: A Devil Of A Job. - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-12-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: A Devil Of A Job. - by BIAD - 08-13-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: A Devil Of A Job. - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-13-2017, 04:11 PM