Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intel Analysis of ISIS Propaganda Rags
As most here are probably aware, I regularly read ISIS propaganda rags to gather insight into them. Now certain operators have made that task I have set myself far more difficult of late, trying to erase them from the internet (fat chance - just ask Wayne Herschel or Judy Faltskog how easy a task that is, even against one man, much less an entire pseudo-governmental organization!), and employing other nefarious stratagems to - as my best guess - ferret out who's downloading them when they CAN (maybe) be found.

Anyhow, I thought I'd start a thread where I can gather all of my analyses of them as they can be found.

I've just managed to get issue 10 of Rumiyah, which was released 7 June, so it's been just under a month. Issue 11 was allegedly released 4 July, but there is some turmoil surrounding it, as, like issue 7, there was apparently a spurious version released before the actual version was supposed to be released. That's probably a whole 'nuther story that may not be told for 50 years or so, if ever.

So, in perusing this issue 10 of Rumiyah, one thing that strikes me before I'm even all the way through it is that ISIS is apparently having problems with gossipy women spreading fear among the troops, which points to a fairly successful psyop to me. It was successful enough that ISIS had to devote an entire article to attempt to counter it. They refer to it as "irjaf" (fear-mongering), and apparently there has been some rightful fear and rumors introduced into the female population of ISISstan which they are dutifully carrying to their fighters and whomever else will listen, creating a panic that ISIS is trying, unsuccessfully, to counter.

There's more ways than one to fight a war, and bullets are not always the best option. I believe that Sun Tzu had something to say about using fear as a weapon, causing an enemy to defeat itself. The most successful wars are sometimes won with nary a shot ever fired. We are, apparently, out-terrorizing the terrorists, and not having to blow ourselves up to do it. That right there is what they call a win-win.

All that from just reading between the lines of a terrorist rag that someone doesn't want you top get your hands on. Things that make you go "hmmmm...".

I'll post more later after I read and digest it, and perhaps gather links to some of my earlier analyses here as well, so that this thread is a repository for them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Intel Analysis of ISIS Propaganda Rags - by Ninurta - 07-05-2017, 09:57 AM