Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gunmen open fire near French mosque injuring eight people.
It's a bit late in posting this (Tuesday) because I didn't see it anywhere in Monday's media until 10.00.pm on on Monday night.

There was no mention of it on British TV news outlets on Tuesday morning and it in my view, these sorts of stories will
become just another article that will be relegated to page three or four of a newspaper. (Unless it's London, of course!)

Gunmen open fire near French mosque injuring eight people.

Quote:'Police say worshippers leaving the mosque in Avignon were not the intended target and
have ruled out terrorism...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2104]

The fact that you had to get that sentence up front tells a lot about the real problems France
is dealing with.

Quote:'...Two men have carried out a shooting near a mosque in Avignon leaving eight people injured,
the French prosecutor's office has said.

According to witness accounts, at least two armed men got out of a car around 10.30pm on
Sunday near the Arrahma mosque and opened fire. None of the wounded are said to have life
-threatening injuries...'

And just to re-confirm for those who doubt...

Quote:'...The prosecutor ruled out any connection with terrorism...'

I'm not sure you pressed the 'nothing-to-do-with-the-Muslim-faith' -chant enough, please... more?

Quote:"...From what we know this evening, the mosque was not targeted.
The fact that it happened in the street of the religious establishment was unconnected with it,"
the prosecutor said...'

Police believe the attack may have been the result of a dispute between young people, according
to La Provence newspaper.

The shooting comes just days after a man attempted to drive his car into worshippers outside the
Creteil mosque in southeast Paris...'
SOURCE:

Yeah, you're probably right, there's no similarities.
tinysure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Gunmen open fire near French mosque injuring eight people. - by BIAD - 07-04-2017, 09:15 AM