Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LONDON ATTACK One Dead in Terror Attack near Mosque
It's always difficult attempting to seek the truth of a story when dealing with possible private agendas
of witness testimony and liberal Journalism to boost sales. Here in today's (Tuesday) Daily Telegraph,
is a selection of comments regarding the suspect Darren Osbourne.

'...Meanwhile, Osborne's sister Nicola denied that her brother is political.
“He wouldn’t even know who the Prime Minister is," she said. "I’ve never heard him say anything
about Muslims or anything racist."...'

A strange comment that may offer a biased opinion from a family member, but to counter this quote,
The Telegraph reports:

'...It came amid claims Osborne had allegedly hurled insults at his Asian neighbour's 12-year-old son
in the wake of the Islamist attack in the capital earlier this month...'

If we assume the neighbour is the same lady who lives next-door to his children's house (and not
someone living near his tent in the woodland)... then her comment to the Sky News Journalist seems at
odds to what this article reported.

'...His neighbour Khadijeh Sherizi said she could not believe Mr Osborne was being investigated for carrying
out an attack on Muslim worshippers. "He has been so normal," she said. "He was in his kitchen yesterday
afternoon singing with his kids.

"He was the dad of the family. He has kids. He lives next door. He seemed polite and pleasant to me.
"I just can't believe it."...'

Again, we have no idea of what narrative The Telegraph may have or not, but the statements reported
don't offer the notion of an 'ideal' family man. There's a view available that underneath Osborne's out-going,
easy-going attitude, a seething anger bubbled.
Surely a loved-one or close friend would mention this?

'...When the police eventually arrived, Osborne smiled, waved and blew kisses, apparently taunting
witnesses as he was bundled into the back of a van. He was recognised on television by stunned Welsh
neighbours more used to seeing him on the school run, who rang the police to identify him...'

The school run tends to hint that he owned a vehicle and further down the web-page, it's stated:
'..."He drove around in an old car that was always damaged. He never caused us any real problems,
but we could often hear him shouting from the other side of the street...'

Tarrying on the vehicle situation and keep in-mind that this man is unemployed and perceived as:
'...They later described him as "shouty" and "aggressive" but said they were gobsmacked to learn that
he was a terror suspect...' One would think that if he was just someone picking up odd-jobs here and
there, he could technically -using any welfare payments as well, afford to maintain a car.

We must assume that living in a tent was a choice of his own and this lends credibility to a strange
perception of life. After all, surely the Welfare services would assist in finding and paying for lodgings
for Mr. Osbourne.
Maybe it was his view that he was living rough and with the reports of rehousing recent victims of the
Grenfell Tower fire, Osbourne saw an unfairness and this manifested into a hatred?

Osborne's 72 year-old mother:
'...She claimed he was "disturbed" and had been on medication for mental health problems.
She said she had recognised him straightaway in television reports, describing it as "every mother's
worst nightmare".
“My son is no terrorist — he’s just a man with problems and I don’t know how to cope with all this",
she told The Sun...'

Well that's it then, a fruitcake that missed his meds. The comment leans towards a confused left-behind
loser that stews in his own problems. Racial hatred or just jealous of others receiving help?
I have no narrative.

More:
'...Neighbours described Mrs Osborne as "long-suffering”. One said: "Christine is a great grandmother
-Darren's nephew stays a lot.
"Darren's not had a bad life. He's had quite a privileged life. He's had more options than a lot of people."
His former drinking partners described him as a "loveable mentalist"...'

One could suggest that Darren Osbourne grew up in a place where he resisted changes in community
life in favour of quietly remaining in a world of his youth, where he felt more in control. There's a strong
implication that he was a strong imbiber of alcohol and in Britain, social drinking amongst men is often
seen as a forum where points of view -political or not, can be aired.

The word 'Mentalist' in Britain is sometimes used informally as someone who is an eccentric or mad
person. But since the days of the American television series of the same name, that title may have changed.

A complex family life.

'...Osborne left Weston-Super-Mare several years ago and moved to a terraced house in Pentwyn, Cardiff
with his partner, children and two dogs. The couple have four children, aged between 16 and five and Osborne
is said to help with the daily school run.

A complicated picture emerged of his personal life, with neighbours describing him as a  "family man" who
was heard singing in his kitchen with his children on Sunday afternoon, just hours before he is alleged to have
driven to London...'

Was he a drunkard who sang because of his alcoholic euphoria or just a man fairly happy with his lot considering
his faults? One can assume his partner never saw any problems with his visits and singing accompanied b his
children.

We also learn that he was at his partner's home on the Sunday afternoon and later in the article, it reports that:
'...is believed to have driven 15 miles from his home in the Welsh capital to Pontyclun Van Hire on Sunday,
hiring an £80-a-night Luton van...'

Well, apart from the comment that Osborne left his 'home' and if you recall, Sky News reported '...The couple are said
to have split, with Osborne reported to have been an unemployed former barman who was recently living in a tent
in woodland...' Then we can possibly accept that after visiting his children on the Sunday afternoon, he took his
bashed-up car and nursing his secret plan, drove fifteen miles west of his town to the Van Hire compound and splashed
out eighty quid that he could ill-afford.

Why not hire a vehicle from the four van-hire establishments close to his area or certainly the several around Cardiff?
Why add the extra mileage to the Van-Hire compound and then have to return eastwards to get to London? 
Considering the assumed time-restraints from leaving his singing children and arriving at the group of Muslims in a
side-street just after midnight, Osbourne was cutting it tight.

In my view, there was no plan in the context of this incident being fully mapped-out. I suggest Darren Osborne drove
to London to increase his chances of notoriety and coming across a group of people in a side-street at such a late
hour was -to some extent, chance.

If Osbourne saw his life as 'small' with all of his self-induced failings and in a community where those he grew up with
adjusted to the changes of lost industries and negative economic developments, he may have viewed himself as
worthless.

Possibly believing through the bottom of a beer glass that he would make those same people see him as 'someone',
he set off to London to make a name for himself by causing injuries and fatalities in a climate of fear and anger.
But why such a big vehicle...? Where did he get the money from...?

And one for Gordi, How much would it cost to run, maintain and fuel a car?
(I don't drive and haven't asked my wife how much it costs for her vehicle!)

Edit: My wife has just suggested that the possible reason for the size of the rental truck is -as Gordi hinted at,
was he delivering something somewhere and basically a odd-job man?
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: LONDON ATTACK One Dead in Terror Attack near Mosque - by BIAD - 06-20-2017, 01:53 PM