Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LONDON ATTACK One Dead in Terror Attack near Mosque
[UK]Finsbury Park attack: Man dies as van hits worshippers.

'A man has died and 10 people have been injured after a man drove a van into worshippers
near a north London mosque.

The van struck people after mounting the pavement just after midnight BST outside Muslim Welfare
House, near Finsbury Park Mosque. A 48-year-old man has been arrested.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2009]

Home Secretary Amber Rudd said the attack was being treated as a "terrorist incident".
Eyewitness Abdul Rahman said the driver said he wanted to "kill all Muslims".
Mr Rahman told the BBC he struck the man and helped subdue him.

"When the guy came out from his van he wanted to escape, run away and he was saying
'I want to kill Muslims. 'I want to kill Muslims.' "I hit him on his stomach... and then me and
the other guys... we held him to the ground until he couldn't move.
We stopped him until the police came."

Counter-terrorism officers are at the scene, the Metropolitan Police said.
And extra police are being deployed to reassure communities, especially those observing Ramadan,
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said.
He also said his "thoughts and prayers" were with those affected by the "horrific terrorist attack on
innocent people".

"While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the terrible attacks in Manchester,
Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom
and respect."

Harun Khan, secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain said: "Over the past weeks and months
 Muslims have endured many incidents of Islamophobia, and this is the most violent manifestation to date.
"We expect the authorities to increase security outside mosques as a matter of urgency."

Many of the victims are believed to have just left evening prayers at the Muslim Welfare House after
breaking the Ramadan fast. It has appealed for calm, adding that "all of our efforts should be towards
getting justice for the victims and ensuring our community stays the diverse, tolerant and welcome
place we know it to be".

The prime minister will chair a meeting of the emergency Cobra committee later.
Mrs May described it as a "terrible incident", adding: "All my thoughts are with those who have been injured,
their loved ones and the emergency services on the scene."...'
SOURCE:

I must admit, I was dismayed at the BBC Journalist on the the television this morning.
During his reporting, he seemed to rejoice in the fact that the attacker was a white male!
Apparently white people cannot hold the Muslim faith.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: LONDON ATTACK One Dead in Terror Attack near Mosque - by BIAD - 06-19-2017, 08:30 AM