Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
James Comey's Testimony Posted Online A Day Early.
I watched several different news sources about Comey's testimony yesterday, and most all of them said Comey had hurt himself; actually, perjured himself. They also said he did several other things that should land him in jail, but I just woke up, so I need my coffee before trying to remember it all. We'll have to wait and see if anything happens concerning that.

So, first thing I see on Yahoo news (my home page) when I got on the computer is this headline at the top of the screen:

[Image: Comeys_words.jpg]

But then, when you open the article, of course it reads differently...

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) -- For three hours, former FBI Director James Comey leveled an unrelenting attack on the credibility of the president of the United States.

And then, we have this:

Quote:The White House's statements were "lies, plain and simple." Comey took notes on their conversations because he worried the president "might lie" later. After a while, he said, he so distrusted the man running the country that he did not want to be left alone with him.

Source

I watched Comey's testimony, and I don't recall him ever saying "he so distrusted the man running the country that he did not want to be left alone with him".
He did say something about not wanting to be left alone with him, but not in the words the AP reported above.  They have to make it sound as bad as possible, right?

And here is another article where Trump declares victory, but the Press don't see it that way:

Quote:President Trump took to Twitter early Friday to declare victory in his war of words with James Comey, denouncing the FBI director he fired as a liar and a “leaker” based on Comey’s damaging testimony about their interactions.

But, in a leap of logic that left observers puzzled, he also claimed “vindication” on the basis of the same testimony.
“Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication…and WOW, Comey is a leaker!” Trump tweeted.

Trump’s claim of vindication contrasts sharply with most legal analysts’ takeaway from the testimony. Both the New York Times and Washington Post ran front-page stories Friday raising the prospect of an obstruction of justice investigation.

Source

Obstruction of justice? 
Well, maybe, but I think the focus RIGHT NOW should be on Comey being a "leaker", which is a felony offense.  They are both calling the other a "liar", so unless there ARE tapes, this could drag out for many months in an investigation that WE have to pay for.

And then along came Jones... Alex Jones.   tinybiggrin
I think they break it down the best...

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Comey's Testimony Posted Online A Day Early. - by Mystic Wanderer - 06-09-2017, 03:49 PM