Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
James Comey's Testimony Posted Online A Day Early.
Comey orchestrated a leak.

'...Mr. Comey acknowledged that he orchestrated the leak that revealed his account of his conversation
with Mr. Trump in which the president asked him to drop the investigation into the former national security
adviser.

Mr. Comey said he decided to make the conversation public through an intermediary after Mr. Trump
said on Twitter that the former F.B.I. director had better hope there were no tapes of their discussions.
He said he did so with the explicit hope of prompting the appointment of a special counsel to investigate
Russian election interference.

“I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, ‘cause it didn’t dawn on me originally that there
might be corroboration for our conversation; there might be a tape,” Mr. Comey said, referring to May 15.

“And my judgment was I needed to get that out in the public square so I asked a friend of mine to share the
content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because
I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. So I asked a close friend of mine to do it.”

An article about the memo was published online by The New York Times on May 16, and in the newspaper
the next day. The story attributed the information to “two people who read the memo” without naming them.

Questioned by Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine, Mr. Comey did not identify the friend by name
but said he is a professor at Columbia University.
Daniel Richman, a law professor at Columbia, confirmed Thursday that he was the close friend who served
as intermediary...'
SOURCE:

Very professional.
mediumfacepalm
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Comey's Testimony Posted Online A Day Early. - by BIAD - 06-09-2017, 03:14 PM