Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Ghostly Encounter in the House by the River
I gots lots of stories about stuff in that vein, but I'll only tell one here for the moment. The house I was raised in had  a "walker" spook like that. All of us in the family probably heard it at one time or another, and some of us more than once. I slept upstairs, with open rafters over my head (no ceiling, just rafters and a tin roof), and the "attic" section through a doorway in my room. I've heard it more than once, always coming out of the attic, through my room and past my bed, down the stairs and into the living room, where I usually heard it open the wood stove and check the fire, then close it and walk through into the kitchen, where the walking ended. I would have though maybe just the house "settling" if i hadn't heard the wood stove actually opening. The sound was pretty clear, since it always walked through my room and past my bed, and I had a vent in my floor straight through to the living room directly beneath me, to allow the heat to rise from the stove into my room in the winter time. I could hear it pretty clearly when it was down stairs, through that vent.

Saw what might have been it once, looking like a fog drifting into my room out of the attic. No human shape really, just looked like a patch of fog drifting.

My dad heard it one day when he was there by himself. he heard it come down from my room and into the living room, said he could clearly hear individual footsteps on the stairs. He thought it was me, and that I'd wandered back home unannounced as i was prone to do, so he got up to talk to me, but there was no one there. When he didn't find me, he got his pistol and cleared the house, thinking it was possibly an intruder, but there was no one there but him, and the door and windows were still all locked. My great-aunt's husband had built the house, and he died sleeping in the living room directly under my bedroom. We all jokingly called it "Uncle Cleve", but no way of telling what or who it really was.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Ghostly Encounter in the House by the River - by Ninurta - 05-30-2016, 01:21 AM