Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Early Encounter With A Bigfoot?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=76]
Witnesses of Sasquatch aren't some type of modern-day hoax that only began in the 20th and 21st centuries, but go back to newspaper accounts as early as the 1800s.
In this classic article printed in the Sacramento, two hunters barely escaped with their lives after shooting a Big Foot, making it angry and chasing them off the mountain.
The Daily Union newspaper, based in California, printed an article on November 1, 1879. It was titled, "A STRANGE CREATURE: Two Hunters Chased by a Wild Man in the Antelope Mountains", and states:

Quote:
Quote:“William Shegan, who came in from Antelope Valley last evening with a load of produce, tells a Leader reporter a very strange and startling story of the experience of two men who were hunting in Antelope Valley last week. He says that Peter Simons and John Gore had been out all day hunting ducks and such other game as they came in their way, and as evening came on they took a short cut across the mountains on their way back to the ranch. The mountain over which the trail led them was a very rugged one – in fact, the wildest place in the Antelope range of mountains – and a few years ago used to be infested with the larger species of wild animals.”

The story continued that as the pair made their careful way around what was described as a “large chasm,” they heard a strange, animal-like noise coming from the vicinity of a nearby cliff-face. As they looked to see the source of the chatter, both men were shocked by the sight of a large, hairy, manlike animal that sprung from behind the cliff-face, and headed towards the mountains with “the speed of the wind.”

Realizing that the beast was something distinctly out of the ordinary, and being hunters, Simons and Gore did what hunters to best of all: they opened fire on the animal. Gore managed to clip the creature on one of its arms, which was more than evident when the beast came to a sudden, screaming halt and grabbed its arm, clearly in severe pain. The wild-eyed creature wasn’t just in agony, however; it was also enraged to the max: in seconds it charged both men in violent fashion.

Hardly surprising, Simons and Gore didn’t try and get a better shot; instead, they dropped their rifles and fled for their lives. It was only due to their ability to outrun the animal that they didn’t finish up as the hunted, rather than as the hunters.”

Source

Here is a website that is dedicated to reports of Big Foot with some stories going back to the early 1900s: Source

Here is a video with some compelling evidence that Big Foot is REAL!

Why has this not been discussed more openly in the public?

What about you? Have you had a Big Foot encounter?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OK, I have a hard time accepting Big Foot lives.
Certainly by now I would think there'd be a body or a captured one.

It's just that the wilderness is well traveled and aircraft with infrared are everywhere and they would pickup the heat signature I would think.

BUT, I could be wrong! :unsure:
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Heh Mystic (and others of course!)...
I've been following this guy for some time too.

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-28-2016, 11:55 AM)BIAD Wrote: Heh Mystic (and others of course!)...

Thanks, BIAD.  I'm only 5 min. into the video and it already has my attention.  I'll have to come back to it later though; I have a party to get ready for. 
I think this might be the person I saw a couple of years ago on a doc.  I don't remember his name, but he told more and showed more about the lifestyle of Big Foot than anyone I had seen up to that point.

Looks to be very interesting!   :thumbsup:
(05-28-2016, 02:43 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I think this might be the person I saw a couple of years ago on a doc.  I don't remember his name, but he told more and showed more about the lifestyle of Big Foot than anyone I had seen up to that point.

Looks to be very interesting!   :thumbsup:

Wait until you get to 28 minutes, then it all starts kicking-off!!
I think the young man is called Nathan Reo and runs a Solar-Panel
Sales business somewhere in Utah.

(Enjoy your party!)
(05-25-2016, 01:00 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: What about you? Have you had a Big Foot encounter?

Yes, but I've told the story elsewhere, and won't wear you out by telling it again here.

Instead, I'll give you another example of a historical bigfoot encouter, the oldest documented one that I've come across.

On 10 October, 1774, the battle of Point Pleasant was fought between the southern wing of Lord Dunmore's army (really more of a rag tag collection of backwoods militiamen) and the Shawnee and their allies at Point Pleasant, Virginia (now West Virginia) at the Point, where the Kanawha River enters the Ohio river. In reading an old book called "A Documentary History of Dunmore's War", I found a remarkable passage that stood out to me, and to the best of my knowledge I'm the only one who has made the connection.

During the march of the southern wing of the army along the New river (which turns into the Kanawha river), just as few creek mouths east of where Elk river runs into the Kanawha near present Charleston, WV, the scouts brought back a strange report. It was recorded in the orderly book of one of the officers, Cpt Fleming as I recall, that the scouts had seen a great many indian tracks along the route, left by the indians that were scouting and shadowing the army. Fleming (I think) reports that one track they found was remarkable, because it was measured to be 14 1/2 inches long.

Have you ever seen a 14 1/2 inch long foot on a human being?

I personally think the track was left by Msisingew as the Shawnee called him, a "spirit" guardian of the woods who they claimed was there to guard the animals against over harvesting.

You would call this same "spirit" (actually a creature) "Bigfoot" today.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-28-2016, 06:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote: You would call this same "spirit" (actually a creature) "Bigfoot" today.

Yes, I would.  Because it had the ability to cloak itself... making it look like a "spirit". 

I have another thread here about that, if you're interested.
(05-28-2016, 06:05 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 06:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote: You would call this same "spirit" (actually a creature) "Bigfoot" today.

Yes, I would.  Because it had the ability to cloak itself... making it look like a "spirit". 

I have another thread here about that, if you're interested.

I don't know about "cloaking" itself - the one I saw could no more cloak itself than I could... but with that being said, I've been remarkably good at hiding in the brush over the years, no magic necessary. It became second nature for a while. On one occasion, I walked up on a girl I knew in "cover" that consisted of 3" tall grass (what I would consider "wide open space"), and scared the living daylights out of her, since she never saw me until I spoke. I didn't mean to sneak up on her, and thought she saw me, but that's just the way it happened - "cloaking" was just second nature - no magic, mystery, or technology involved. it's more a matter of moving in the world as if you were just another part of it, like a leaf swaying in the wind. Nobody notices a leaf swaying in the breeze, so long as it's moving with the breeze and not contrary to it.

I stand corrected about the length of the track I mentioned, however. I found the passage again, and it was measured at 14 inches, not 14 1/2. Here is a quote:

Quote:Septr. 23. 1774

We marched along the [River New] to the mouth of Elk River. The N[ew] River widned [MS. torn] or more, in its general breadth. joind the troops encamp'd in the Forks, discovered by Our [MS. torn] three indian tracts up a branch a little way from the last Camp. One of the tracts remarkably long when [me]asured being 14 inches.

P.327, "A Documentary History of Dunmore's War 1774", Reuben Gold Thwaites, 1905, The State Historical Society of Wisconsin

It IS found in Fleming's Orderly Book, but he was a Colonel rather than a Captain, so I was wrong about that, too. A link to the book: A Documentary History of Dunmore's War 1774

Another link, directly to page 327
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(05-28-2016, 11:55 AM)BIAD Wrote: Heh Mystic (and others of course!)...

I REALLY enjoyed that Phil!
One of the best Squatch videos that I've seen.
No annoying music or added drama. Just a guy in the woods with his dog, trying to stay calm!

I couldn't see anything in the footage, even when it said you could see the small one bobbing up and down :(
But I liked the guys very genuine delivery style, and the way he was trying to understand and interpret the signs that he was seeing.

very interesting,
G
(06-02-2016, 03:55 PM)gordi Wrote: I REALLY enjoyed that Phil!
One of the best Squatch videos that I've seen.
...I couldn't see anything in the footage, even when it said you could see the small one bobbing up and down :(
But I liked the guys very genuine delivery style, and the way he was trying to understand and interpret the signs that he was seeing.

very interesting,
G

The thing is, I don't doubt that some people are seeing something strange in
the forests of the United States, but I tend to watch these videos to see of there's
a pattern I can pick upon in regards of 'fakery-for-cash' charlatans.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who searches for this elusive creature, but there are
folk who suffer with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and appease this need by using
Saquatch audiences on Youtube to sate it.
This particular chap has admitted he has it and I wonder how many more do without
knowing it.

There's usually a 'lets-find-out-together' period and then an instance where something
occurs and leaves a profound effect on the person with the camera. Then a 'cooling-off'
where the incident is discussed and taken apart.

Then we may be treated to a new event and then... there's a vague request for money
to upgrade their equipment and ergo, bring you -the audience, better coverage.

It's a cynical approach, I know... but with 'Finding Bigfoot' and other entertainment
shows making a mockery of the subject, the whole topic seems to be an area where
many appetites are being dealt with.
This just in...
OGDEN, Utah – A man says he has evidence of Bigfoot and proof the creature

is dead… and he found it right here in the Beehive State.
The Texas man says he found the fossilized head of Sasquatch while hiking near
Ogden.
Todd May claims when he came across the 75-pound object, it looked familiar to
him because he’s seen the creature in person twice before.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=158]

May told his story to the Times Record News in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Officials have not confirmed the nature of his discovery.
So far, many who have seen it say the big find is just a rock.

SOURCE:

It looks like TimberGiantBigfoot -Jim, is gonna have to up his ante!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-05-2016, 11:21 AM)BIAD Wrote: This just in...
OGDEN, Utah – A man says he has evidence of Bigfoot and proof the creature

is dead… and he found it right here in the Beehive State.
The Texas man says he found the fossilized head of Sasquatch while hiking near
Ogden.
Todd May claims when he came across the 75-pound object, it looked familiar to
him because he’s seen the creature in person twice before.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=158]

May told his story to the Times Record News in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Officials have not confirmed the nature of his discovery.
So far, many who have seen it say the big find is just a rock.

SOURCE:

It looks like TimberGiantBigfoot -Jim, is gonna have to up his ante!!
Seems Legit.
Is there somewhere I can send a donation to?

:thinking:
(05-25-2016, 01:00 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=76]
How did you manage to get a picture of my Ex?
:hey:
(06-05-2016, 11:52 AM)gordi Wrote: Seems Legit.

Please mark donations to:
'The Shed. The green-one near the water barrel'

Thank you. :stumped:
(06-06-2016, 12:44 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 11:52 AM)gordi Wrote: Seems Legit.

Please mark donations to:
'The Shed. The green-one near the water barrel'

Thank you. :stumped:
LOL - Is yours Green???
That would just be spooky!!!!
(Should I head over with my white VW brush & paint???)
(06-06-2016, 03:56 PM)gordi Wrote: LOL - Is yours Green???
That would just be spooky!!!!
(Should I head over with my white VW brush & paint???)

To be honest, any colour will be okay as long as it's paint!
ANY NEW MEMBERS HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD HERE?

BUMP!
I'll add this video here sense it would seem no one seen it in the other thread.
(08-07-2020, 12:29 AM)guohua Wrote: I'll add this video here sense it would seem no one seen it in the other thread.

Great video. minusculethumbsup    I'd love to come across that tunnel lined with gems!   minusculebiggrin
(08-07-2020, 01:19 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 12:29 AM)guohua Wrote: I'll add this video here sense it would seem no one seen it in the other thread.

Great video. minusculethumbsup    I'd love to come across that tunnel lined with gems!   minusculebiggrin

My husband has friends that are Preppers in that area and say there are some very strange caverns in those mountains, they won't go in to, it just feels wrong they say.