Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chicago MATH
Quote:Rahm Emanuel's New Chicago Math Curriculum

Chicago schools are finally starting to teach practical math that kids can use in real-world situations:

1. Lajames has an AK-47 with a 200-round clip.  He usually misses 6 of every 10 shots and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many mofos can Lajames ice on a drive-by before he gotta reload?

2. Willie has 2 ounces of cocaine.  If he sell an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what be the street value of the rest of his shit?

3. Dwayne pimps 3 ho's.  If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day crack habit ?

4. Raul wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make 20% profit.  How many ounce bags will he need to make to get the 20% upside?

5. Ray-Ray gets $2000 for a stolen BMW, $1500 for stealing a Corvette, and $1000 for a 4 x 4.  If he steal 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4x4's, how many more Corvettes must he steal to make the 10k for his brother's bail?

6. Pedro get 6 years for murder.  He also get $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife spend $100 of his hit money per month, how much money will be left when he get out?

7. If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can be sprayed with three 8 oz. cans of spray paint with 20% paint left over?

8. Tyrone knocked up 4 girls in the gang.  There be 20 girls in his gang.  What be the percentage of bitches Tyrone knocked up ?

9. Lafawnda is a lookout for the gang.  Lafawnda also has a boa constrictor that eats 5 rats per week at a cost of $5 per rat.  If Lafawnda makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks can she feed her snake with one week's income ?

10. Marvin steals Juan's skateboard. As Marvin skates away at 15 mph, Juan load his .357 Magnum piece.  If it take Juan 20 seconds to load his piece, how far away will Marvin be when he get whacked
Finally,,,, Teaching Obamanomics to his Kids!!!  smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Prety sad as a species that we laugh at the destruction and chaos a society that has been born and raised in a military industrial complex lives in. 

I wont laugh or emoji laugh. Damn sad. And a damn shame that "a party" or "a person" should shoulder the blame for a century of pumping money into bombs and guns instead of food and teachers.
(03-26-2017, 05:22 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Prety sad as a species that we laugh at the destruction and chaos a society that has been born and raised in a military industrial complex lives in. 

I wont laugh or emoji laugh. Damn sad. And a damn shame that "a party" or "a person" should shoulder the blame for a century of pumping money into bombs and guns instead of food and teachers.

But we have Pump Huge Amounts of monies into Social Projects and Schools and Teachers just for the Purpose of making every effort to assist people in improving their life.
It Has Failed, They are to used to living off of Government and Local Government Assistance and Access.
[Image: obamanomics.gif]

This is Funny Purely Because that may be the only math they'd understand.

The Military Complex?
We have a Military for a Reason and It's Been Down Graded and Ignored for 8 years, Even China has a Better Grade Of Weaponry than America does right now.
People say we spend more than anyone else on our Military and their equipment, they claim that other countries are showing a smaller amount spent.
Anyone Here Actually Believes Those Numbers? You'd have to be a person living in a Cave to believe China hasn't Out Spent The US in the last 12 years, or Russia.

No one in America has been born into a Military Complex, There is No Draft, Even Though There Should Be!
I can tell you about being born into a Government /  Military Complex.
Explanation: Hmmmmm

Chicago schools are finally starting to teach practical math that kids can use in real-world situations:
I will give it a go ...

Quote:1. Lajames has an AK-47 with a 200-round clip.  He usually misses 6 of every 10 shots and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many mofos can Lajames ice on a drive-by before he gotta reload?
The red bit is the important and relevant data that needs to be applied to the question. He hits 40% of the time and 40% of 200 is 80 ... so he can kill 80 mofos before he gotta reload. The fact that it would take 15.384615384615384615384615384615 drive-by's to achieve that many kills is irrelevant to the question.

Quote:2. Willie has 2 ounces of cocaine.  If he sell an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what be the street value of the rest of his shit?

2 ounces = 56g - (3.5g + 2g) = 50.5g x $85 = $4292.50

Quote:3. Dwayne pimps 3 ho's.  If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day crack habit ?

$800 / $85 = 9.4117647058823529411764705882353 tricks / 3 ho's = 3.1372549019607843137254901960784 tricks per day.

Quote:4. Raul wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make 20% profit.  How many ounce bags will he need to make to get the 20% upside?

He will need 20 ounce bags total [16 ounces to the pound ] or 4 extra ounces to make the 20% upside  ... and no, I am not going to show how I worked that out! :P

Quote:5. Ray-Ray gets $2000 for a stolen BMW, $1500 for stealing a Corvette, and $1000 for a 4 x 4.  If he steal 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4x4's, how many more Corvettes must he steal to make the 10k for his brother's bail?

$10k bail - ($2000 + (2 x $1500) + (3 x $1000)) = $2000 / $1500 = 1.3333333333333333333333333333333 Corvettes he must steal.

Quote:6. Pedro get 6 years for murder.  He also get $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife spend $100 of his hit money per month, how much money will be left when he get out?

6 years x 12 months = 72 months x $100 = $7200 ... $10,000 - $7200 = $2800 will be left when he gets out.

Quote:7. If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can be sprayed with three 8 oz. cans of spray paint with 20% paint left over?

3 x 22 sqr ft = 66 sqr ft / 5 = 13.2 sqr ft ... 66 sqr ft - 13.2 sqr ft = 52.8 sqr ft / 3 sqr ft =  17.6 letters can be painted with 20% of the spray paint left over.

Quote:8. Tyrone knocked up 4 girls in the gang.  There be 20 girls in his gang.  What be the percentage of bitches Tyrone knocked up ?

20 / 100 = 0.2 ... 4 / 0.2 = 20% of bitches in his gang are knocked up by Tyrone.

Quote:9. Lafawnda is a lookout for the gang.  Lafawnda also has a boa constrictor that eats 5 rats per week at a cost of $5 per rat.  If Lafawnda makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks can she feed her snake with one week's income ?

5 x $5 = $25 snake food per week .... $700 /$25 = 28 weeks is how long she can feed her snake on one week's income.

Quote:10. Marvin steals Juan's skateboard. As Marvin skates away at 15 mph, Juan load his .357 Magnum piece.  If it take Juan 20 seconds to load his piece, how far away will Marvin be when he get whacked

15mph = 22ft/s [I googled this!] x 20s = 440ft away when he gets whacked.

Personal Disclosure: So am I street-smart  and savvy or what? tinywondering
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(03-26-2017, 05:44 AM)guohua Wrote:
(03-26-2017, 05:22 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Prety sad as a species that we laugh at the destruction and chaos a society that has been born and raised in a military industrial complex lives in. 

But we have Pump Huge Amounts of monies into Social Projects and Schools and Teachers just for the Purpose of making every effort to assist people in improving their life.
It Has Failed, They are to used to living off of Government and Local Government Assistance and Access.
[Image: obamanomics.gif]

This is Funny Purely Because that may be the only math they'd understand.

The Military Complex?
We have a Military for a Reason and It's Been Down Graded and Ignored for 8 years, Even China has a Better Grade Of Weaponry than America does right now.
People say we spend more than anyone else on our Military and their equipment, they claim that other countries are showing a smaller amount spent.
Anyone Here Actually Believes Those Numbers? You'd have to be a person living in a Cave to believe China hasn't Out Spent The US in the last 12 years, or Russia.

No one in America has been born into a Military Complex, There is No Draft, Even Though There Should Be!
I can tell you about being born into a Government /  Military Complex.

Well said my friend.. Although I would bet not another country spends 800$ for a toilet seat or $500 for a hammer.. The prices we pay for stuff is a crime within itself.. The F-35 helmet the guys wear is a personal helmet with all kinds of sensors ...Cost $500,000... Think about that !! What a friggen rip off IMO...Yet people justify those cost all the time// They better never put me in charge is all I can say..! We ended up with just about 187 F-22s instead of the 300 plus we needed just because of the stupid cost of the bird and the delays..  Then the F-35 which is over budget and if I remember correctly 7 years behind schedule.. There was such a stink starting that they have now started delivering the overpriced next generation craft which better get its' act together if we get into a real shooting war instead of with a bunch of sand people.
(03-26-2017, 07:57 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: Hmmmmm

I will give it a go ...

Quote:1. Lajames has an AK-47 with a 200-round clip.  He usually misses 6 of every 10 shots and he uses 13 rounds per drive-by shooting. How many mofos can Lajames ice on a drive-by before he gotta reload?
The red bit is the important and relevant data that needs to be applied to the question. He hits 40% of the time and 40% of 200 is 80 ... so he can kill 80 mofos before he gotta reload. The fact that it would take 15.384615384615384615384615384615 drive-by's to achieve that many kills is irrelevant to the question.

Quote:2. Willie has 2 ounces of cocaine.  If he sell an 8 ball to Antonio for $320 and 2 grams to Juan for $85 per gram, what be the street value of the rest of his shit?

2 ounces = 56g - (3.5g + 2g) = 50.5g x $85 = $4292.50

Quote:3. Dwayne pimps 3 ho's.  If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day crack habit ?

$800 / $85 = 9.4117647058823529411764705882353 tricks / 3 ho's = 3.1372549019607843137254901960784 tricks per day.

Quote:4. Raul wants to cut the pound of cocaine he bought for $40,000 to make 20% profit.  How many ounce bags will he need to make to get the 20% upside?

He will need 20 ounce bags total [16 ounces to the pound ] or 4 extra ounces to make the 20% upside  ... and no, I am not going to show how I worked that out! :P

Quote:5. Ray-Ray gets $2000 for a stolen BMW, $1500 for stealing a Corvette, and $1000 for a 4 x 4.  If he steal 1 BMW, 2 Corvettes and 3 4x4's, how many more Corvettes must he steal to make the 10k for his brother's bail?

$10k bail - ($2000 + (2 x $1500) + (3 x $1000)) = $2000 / $1500 = 1.3333333333333333333333333333333 Corvettes he must steal.

Quote:6. Pedro get 6 years for murder.  He also get $10,000 for the hit. If his common-law wife spend $100 of his hit money per month, how much money will be left when he get out?

6 years x 12 months = 72 months x $100 = $7200 ... $10,000 - $7200 = $2800 will be left when he gets out.

Quote:7. If an average can of spray paint covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can be sprayed with three 8 oz. cans of spray paint with 20% paint left over?

3 x 22 sqr ft = 66 sqr ft / 5 = 13.2 sqr ft ... 66 sqr ft - 13.2 sqr ft = 52.8 sqr ft / 3 sqr ft =  17.6 letters can be painted with 20% of the spray paint left over.

Quote:8. Tyrone knocked up 4 girls in the gang.  There be 20 girls in his gang.  What be the percentage of bitches Tyrone knocked up ?

20 / 100 = 0.2 ... 4 / 0.2 = 20% of bitches in his gang are knocked up by Tyrone.

Quote:9. Lafawnda is a lookout for the gang.  Lafawnda also has a boa constrictor that eats 5 rats per week at a cost of $5 per rat.  If Lafawnda makes $700 a week as a lookout, how many weeks can she feed her snake with one week's income ?

5 x $5 = $25 snake food per week .... $700 /$25 = 28 weeks is how long she can feed her snake on one week's income.

Quote:10. Marvin steals Juan's skateboard. As Marvin skates away at 15 mph, Juan load his .357 Magnum piece.  If it take Juan 20 seconds to load his piece, how far away will Marvin be when he get whacked

15mph = 22ft/s [I googled this!] x 20s = 440ft away when he gets whacked.

Personal Disclosure: So am I street-smart  and savvy or what? tinywondering
You're Smart minusculethinking and You're Friggin Scary,,,,  tinywhat  What's Important is,,, You're A Rogue and we're all Proud of You!  tinybigeyes
Its not how mich, its how (and on what). China wouldnt have a leg to stand on if we matched technology. Their biggest advancements came from our corporations and the data they hacked and stole. 

Besides, if you think our military is that bad off, thats your opinion. But I don't wanna see another thread about the secret space program.

The wars we "lose" are weapons practice and leg stretching. Money for the complex.
The Secret Space Program is Multinational.
You Know, an eight thousand dollar toilet seat or an ten thousand yuan toothbrush.

Yes, more advanced because they bought, stole and copied from down aircraft and didn't just stop there, they improved.
Where as we've been stagnant for a few years.

And I would like to add, along the same lines.....

That it is pretty sad when athletes get paid MILLIONS  of dollars, where as our teachers/police get paid minimum.

That has always been a pet peeve of ours....that football/baseball/basketball players get paid astronomical amounts of money.
While people who do their best to better our kids education and provide safety to our communities get paid squat.

As for the military, it is what it is.
Now a days, with things being so unstable around the globe, having a strong military may not be a bad thing.

But yeah, pretty sad when young kids of today do not know basic arithmetic.
And no, using the smartphone does not count. smh.

Which, BTW I think is partly to blame.
Kids do not need to 'think' when they have technology do it for them at their fingertips. Literally.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'