Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Madonna just got some very bad news from the secret service
(01-24-2017, 05:59 PM)Sol Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 04:37 PM)Grace Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 01:51 PM)Sol Wrote: Actors should act and singers should sing.

I agree with you about being a celebrity should not mean you have a free pass to promote acts of terrorism 

But if I'm going to be honest, I mean, I think celebrities have as much right as anyone else and tweet/Facebook or just plain go rogue with their political stances. God knows I do.

Having a right to do so does not necessarily mean that they should do so.

Also, most of these celebs are people than our young ones look up to, taking them as examples.

Hope the alphabet agencies show her how to come down her cloud a notch or two. Is all... : )

Again, I agree with you that Madonna committed a crime and should be charged.. on this she should not be held to a different standard than say, Timothy McVeigh. I saw what she said to be a threat from a potentially mentally disturbed person, who definitely needs help. I never once liked Obama's policies, and I hated what he did to our nation on all fronts. But never ever did I have thoughts of killing him, or destroying the white house. That's insane.

The difference I think, is whether due to their celebrity status, should they otherwise be held.to a different standard as anyone else? On this point, I believe no... they are people doing a job, entertainment, like anyone else. They just make a lot more than most, but so do CEO's..

While children and people look up to them I think that in and of itself is flawed and as parents we are allowing our children this internet/social media/television free reign they should never have. Not until adulthood should they be able to do whatever they want online.

So many parents don't care what is going into their children's head, and the bad influence upon our children is due to parental neglect.. not to do celebrities being people. If I have an underage child, would I want them reading everything Daitengu says? Well Hell no... yet so many parents don't supervise their children's online and television activities..

Sure, celebrities can go anywhere and say anything, but how much fault is upon the parent who allowed the child to hear it to begin with?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Madonna just got some very bad news from the secret service - by Grace - 01-25-2017, 12:26 AM