Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CNN - Called the Communist News Network
(01-15-2017, 02:53 AM)727Sky Wrote: There really is something rotten at many of the MSN networks. I for one hope Trump can go after the 5 or six news conglomerates on something like anti-trust and break the bastardy creeps up...

Whoever writes the headlines for the news networks is living proof our education system has been severely dumbed down if that is the best they can do.

Just one video but there are numerous others

That can be fairly easily explained.

Nearly 40 years ago, for a few winter months in 1978-1979 and again for a couple years in the early to mid 80's, I was an announcer at a commercial radio station. Now, these local stations don't go out and gather national news themselves. We relied on a teletype machine back then that fed news continuously into our station from AP Reuters, etc, and I read 5 minutes of news at the top of the hour, every hour, straight off that teletype machine. There were thousands of local stations across America getting the exact same news feed at that time from the national news. Anyone recording those stations at the top of the hour, every hour, could have recorded the exact same words being spoken by announcers across the nation. Now, not all announcers would pull the same stories from the same feed - we picked and chose the stories we read, but in an hour's time, there were only a limited number of stories to choose from, so by necessity at least a couple hundred stations would be reading the same story at the same time.

The days of the teletype are gone, replaced by internet delivery and straight up news feeds from a central announcer being fed simultaneously through the electronics of those same stations today, so I suspect that is precisely what has happened here.

I went back to that same station 3 or 4 years ago, and nearly couldn't recognize it. the teletype machine was gone, replaced by a satellite dish for a centralized audio news feed from NBC. The "cart" machines were gone (they looked like 8-track tapes, but with an endless loop of 15, 30, 60, 0r 120 seconds that we recorded "spots" or commercials on) and so were the turntables for vinyl records we used to use, both replaced by CD players and digital audio and music off of a computer hard drive. Even most of the announcers were gone - just one live one left, and the rest canned across the wires and satellite signals, all orchestrated by a computer.

Technology changes everything, but as has been said, the more things change, the more they stay the same. their news feed could still be heard across hundreds of stations across the nation, the exact same words, now spoken by the exact same voice from a central news feed in New York I believe.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: CNN - Called the Communist News Network - by Ninurta - 01-18-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: CNN - Called the Communist News Network - by 1984hasarrived - 01-16-2017, 04:11 AM