Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declining honey bee populations threatening crops
I just came across this article that I think should be included here:  LINK

EPA Releases Study On Pesticides Killing Bees, Gets Sued Immediately By Beekeepers

[Image: EPA-bees.jpg]

Quote:EPA Releases Study On Pesticides Killing Bees, Gets Sued Immediately By Beekeepers
Jade | January 12, 2016 | News | No Comments

EPA-bees

By Claire Bernish

A new study by the Environmental Protection Agency has found evidence through a study that backs what activists and environmentalists have asserted for years: one of the most widely used neonicotinoid pesticides can, indeed, cause declines in honeybee populations. But the agency’s findings are too little, too late for many farmers and food safety advocates, who consider the EPA neglectfully responsible for widespread employment of neonicotinoids.

Driving the urgency of the point even further, researchers with Sussex University discovered something far more alarming: wildflowers growing near neonicotinoid-treated crops play host to a “chemical cocktail” which has an impact on bees 1,000 times more potent than previously believed.

I hope they win the case and put a good screwing to those who are trying to screw us!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Declining honey bee populations threatening crops - by Mystic Wanderer - 05-23-2016, 03:11 AM