Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
History of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
Very good thread.  I have researched a little of Chinese medicine and tried to find the equivalent of it that grows around here.  Cross referencing that is difficult, they tend to classify things as weeds here.  I found that the star anise, a known chinese herb has some similar chemistry as found in white pine needle tea.  It can be used to treat the flu and this chemical is the basis of tamaflu.  I like white pine tea, if made right it is actually tasty.  Some recipes people use make it taste really strong but a mild steeped tea is good tasting and it also is effective for viruses.  Not quite as fun as a Hot Totti though.  They work in different ways.  White pine needle tea is also super high in vitamin C.

I researched maybe twenty herbs, I was only able to find about three or four cross references with plants here.  We do have ginsing, I actually have some on my property.  The ones here appear to be extremely old plants, full of knots on the roots.  The one I looked at was maybe a hundred years old judging by what I saw and comparing it to information on the net.  The roots are thin though, not much weight there.  There isn't much of it, I figured it can live till I need it.  I would feel guilty harvesting it if I didn't need it.  There is probably more around here in the woods on the hills, but I haven't seen it when walking in the woods.  To identify it I need to see it when it has the berries on it.  It is very pretty with the berries on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: History of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) - by rickymouse - 11-13-2016, 05:15 AM
RE: History of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) - by 1984hasarrived - 11-14-2016, 04:36 AM