Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FBI Reopens Clinton e-mail Ivestigation
Ha! Hallelujah. YES!!!   tinybiggrin

I suppose the public pressure must have gotten to them. Did they see the masses had quickly lost all faith in them, or what happened?
(Nah, they don't really care what WE think!)

[Image: 694940094001_5188980703001_FBI-reopens-i...?ve=1&tl=1]

Quote:The FBI has reopened its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server while secretary of state after discovering new emails, in a stunning turn of events just days before the presidential election. 

FBI Director James Comey wrote in a letter to top members of Congress Friday that the bureau has “learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”

Read the letter here

Comey did not detail those emails, saying only that they surfaced “in connection with an unrelated case.”
He told lawmakers the investigative team briefed him on the information a day earlier, “and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.”

He said the FBI could not yet assess whether the new material is significant and he could not predict how long it will take to complete “this additional work.” 

The move comes after Comey and the Justice Department decided in July not to pursue charges over Clinton's email practices, saying at the time that the investigation was finished. 

Comey has since come under criticism from lawmakers and others who claim the investigation downplayed the mishandling of classified information during Clinton's tenure. 

“The FBI’s decision to reopen its investigation into Secretary Clinton reinforces what the House Judiciary Committee has been saying for months: the more we learn about Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server, the clearer it becomes that she and her associates committed wrongdoing and jeopardized national security," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said in a statement. 
“Now that the FBI has reopened the matter, it must conduct the investigation with impartiality and thoroughness. The American people deserve no less and no one should be above the law.” 

The development comes 11 days before the general election, and is the latest shockwave to hit the race. Clinton had been gaining in the polls over Republican Donald Trump in the wake of the release of footage showing Trump talking about groping women and subsequent allegations of sexual assault and harassment against him. 

However, daily revelations from hacked Clinton campaign emails obtained by WikiLeaks have become a headache for the Democrat's campaign. The resumption of the FBI probe poses a potentially bigger problem. 

House Speaker Paul Ryan called the decision "long overdue." 

Yes, "long overdue" is an understatement!  Let's see what happens this time.  Will she get the prison term she deserves, or will she walk... again?

Source
(10-28-2016, 07:10 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Ha! Hallelujah. YES!!!   tinybiggrin

I suppose the public pressure must have gotten to them. Did they see the masses had quickly lost all faith in them, or what happened?
(Nah, they don't really care what WE think!)

[Image: 694940094001_5188980703001_FBI-reopens-i...?ve=1&tl=1]

Quote:The FBI has reopened its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server while secretary of state after discovering new emails, in a stunning turn of events just days before the presidential election. 

FBI Director James Comey wrote in a letter to top members of Congress Friday that the bureau has “learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation.”

Read the letter here

Comey did not detail those emails, saying only that they surfaced “in connection with an unrelated case.”
He told lawmakers the investigative team briefed him on the information a day earlier, “and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.”

He said the FBI could not yet assess whether the new material is significant and he could not predict how long it will take to complete “this additional work.” 

The move comes after Comey and the Justice Department decided in July not to pursue charges over Clinton's email practices, saying at the time that the investigation was finished. 

Comey has since come under criticism from lawmakers and others who claim the investigation downplayed the mishandling of classified information during Clinton's tenure. 

“The FBI’s decision to reopen its investigation into Secretary Clinton reinforces what the House Judiciary Committee has been saying for months: the more we learn about Secretary Clinton’s use of a private email server, the clearer it becomes that she and her associates committed wrongdoing and jeopardized national security," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said in a statement. 
“Now that the FBI has reopened the matter, it must conduct the investigation with impartiality and thoroughness. The American people deserve no less and no one should be above the law.” 

The development comes 11 days before the general election, and is the latest shockwave to hit the race. Clinton had been gaining in the polls over Republican Donald Trump in the wake of the release of footage showing Trump talking about groping women and subsequent allegations of sexual assault and harassment against him. 

However, daily revelations from hacked Clinton campaign emails obtained by WikiLeaks have become a headache for the Democrat's campaign. The resumption of the FBI probe poses a potentially bigger problem. 

House Speaker Paul Ryan called the decision "long overdue." 

Yes, "long overdue" is an understatement!  Let's see what happens this time.  Will she get the prison term she deserves, or will she walk... again?

Source

This doesn't mean they will prosecute her.. it's just more stuff they are trying to figure out how to best sweep under the rug while giving the appearance of investigation.. 

It's a joke.. comey is a joke,  justice in this country is a joke. If our republican majority house and Senate wanted, Hillary would not now have a security clearance.. but they don't want that.  They just want to pretend they want that . all this is nothing but a joke.. 

Yes.. this makes me cynical.
@"Grace", that's so true.  It's all a big joke.

How can someone that's being investigated by the FBI run for our President? 
If that doesn't cause alarm in people, we are already past any hope. This shows the true state our country is in. tinycrying
(10-28-2016, 08:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Grace", that's so true.  It's all a big joke.

How can someone that's being investigated by the FBI run for our President? 
If that doesn't cause alarm in people, we are already past any hope. This shows the true state our country is in. tinycrying

I agree with you.. just that fact she is running for office while still holding a security clearance shows more than any single thing exactly the state our country is in. 

It should make all of us want to cry for the loss.
(10-28-2016, 07:10 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: The FBI has reopened its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server while secretary of state after discovering new emails, in a stunning turn of events just days before the presidential election....
YES...! YES-YES!
minusculeredtantrum minusculeredtantrum minusculeclap
I think this -if this happens, is all about people scrambling to save their jobs for the
post-election situation!!

ITV News. (UK)

Trump Praises the FBI for "Reopening" Case Against Hillary: “Bigger Than Watergate"
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Mind you, if Trump was being investigated by the Federal Bureau, it would be all over every newspaper's front pages, on the front pages of every Web Mainstream Media outlets and wallpapered on every street corner across America to make sure you wouldn't miss seeing it.

But it's a start, I guess.

Quote:The Federal Bureau of Investigation is reviewing another slew of emails related to Hillary Clinton’s private server — apparently thanks to Anthony Weiner.

Quote:the New York Times and the Associated Press reported that the additional emails were discovered on former New York Rep. Anthony Weiner’s electronic devices during the FBI’s investigation of his sexting habits.

But the real Award of the Day goes to Gov. Mike Huckabee for the best tweet ever !!!

Quote:Who would have thought a Weiner would be HRC’s undoing?

LOL

Remember Bill during the debate where Trump had brought in 4 women that had been abused by him; the look on his face like he had seen a ghost?

This one:

[Image: BillClintonDebateFace.w710.h473.2x.png]

My little finger tells me that there are 2 faces like that tonight. And both of them own the Clinton Foundation.

This is a good day : )

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(10-29-2016, 12:02 AM)Sol Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Who would have thought a Weiner would be HRC’s undoing?

smallrofl

That made me laugh out loud!   So funny!  Oh, the irony!  
There is another thing to remember.....Comey has caught hell from other FBI agents regarding his handling of this email case.
Many of which said that this should have gone to the grand jury.
And probably would have if it were someone else.

So when this new information came forward, one that was uncovered thanks to the Weiner saga, it appears to involve Huma Abedin's computer that she shared with her estranged husband.

Now then, what many former FBI agents have spoken out about is why the hell were none of the computers confiscated from Huma and Hillary from the beginning?
No searches of digital data from other gadgets was done.

So much was handled improperly compared to the way it would have on another person.
Their house alone would have been ransacked looking for evidence hidden on hard drives, thumb drives or other devices.

When Comey was handed this new information, he was already being criticized by his fellow agents and really had no other choice than to reopen the case.

And many experts said that this new revelation must be rather serious for him to do it now, at this time.

So Hillary can try and play it down, but there is no way Comey would put himself in the hot seat unless he absolutely had to, as in some really compelling information into her email case.

Now then, let's just hope Trump doesn't say or do anything stupid to detract from this.
If he will just stick with the increase in Obamacare premiums, the economy, jobs and now Hillary's latest on her emails, think he just might have a chance to win.

Don't you know, it was a shocker to Hillary not to know WTH was going on being as she was on a plane at that time with no WiFi and then to be questioned about it when she got off the plane???

Oh yeah, bet she didn't see that one coming.
Bet she grilled Huma as to what the hell she had on her computer that had the FBI reopening her email case.

And Hillary knows damn well the FBI cannot reveal any information until they investigate, so for her to call out to them requesting such, is only a ploy to play to the public.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I would dare to say that in any other election campaign in any other civilised
western country, this stain of 'possible' corruption would be enough to have
any candidate of any party, drop out of the race.

Just the hint of impropriety would be enough for a political party to ask their
chosen candidate to step down and yet, Hillary Clinton stands there and remains
defiant.

Of course it's a sad time for politics and it's black mark on the political system in
the United States. Hillary Clinton is fond of speaking of Lincoln, one would hope
that she would do the honourable thing in and stand down.
Abe would've expected nothing less.

...The presidential campaign was rocked on Friday after federal law enforcement officials said
that emails pertinent to the closed investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server were
discovered on a computer belonging to Anthony D. Weiner, the estranged husband of a top
Clinton aide.

In a letter to Congress, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said the emails had surfaced in
an unrelated case, which law enforcement officials said was an F.B.I. investigation into illicit text
messages from Mr. Weiner to a 15-year-old girl in North Carolina. Mr. Weiner, a former
Democratic congressman from New York, is married to Huma Abedin, the top aide.

Mr. Comey's letter said that the F.B.I. would review the emails to determine if they improperly
contained classified information, which is tightly controlled by the government.

Senior law enforcement officials said that it was unclear if any of the emails were from Mrs.
Clinton’s private server.
 And while Mr. Comey said in his letter that the emails “appear to be pertinent,” the F.B.I. had
not yet examined them...'
SOURCE:

It'll be interesting to watch how the mainstream media spin this one, unless of course,
their media bosses are calling it a day of Hillary-The-Puppet and decide to throw her to
the wolves.
We're close.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
*yawn*

Appears as tho Harry Reid has something to say about all this now......

Harry Reid says James Comey may have broken law, makes explosive claim about Trump in fiery letter

Quote:Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid joined the onslaught of criticism from Democrats against FBI Director James Comey on Sunday, accusing Comey of playing partisan politics and saying he may have violated federal law by revealing his office was continuing the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.

Yeah, yeah, yea.....you guys loved him back in July when he gave Hillary a free pass.
But now are singing a different tune.

And this, your typical Dem line....."lions, tigers, and Russians --oh my".

Quote:Reid argued that Comey has demonstrated a double standard, making an explosive claim that the FBI director was withholding information about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's alleged ties to Russia.

"In my communications with you and other top officials in the national security community, it has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government — a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States, which Trump praises at every opportunity," Reid said.

Oh brother, when all else fails and you can't use the race card, blame it on Russia. smh.
Pathetic.

Time for you to go home Reid.

Career politicians like YOU are the reason for need of TERM LIMITS!!

Thank god he is retiring.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Figured I just put this here, as an update to the latest instead of making separate thread.

FBI obtains warrant to search emails as Hillary Clinton's 11-point lead over Donald Trump 'wiped out'

Looks as tho they have the warrant and now have the task of looking over the more than 650,000 emails.
Whether they are duplicates or not, no one knows at this time.

Quote:The FBI has obtained a warrant to begin searching newly discovered emails belonging to top Clinton aide Huma Abedin.
Agents are attempting to examine as many of the emails as possible before election day on November 8. However the fact there are 650,000 emails has led to fears that the new probe could last weeks, and, if Hillary Clinton wins the election, hamper the early part of her presidency. 

“The process has begun,” a federal law enforcement official said. 

Emboldened by the latest Clinton scandal, Mr Trump now has a possible path to victory next week and has been targeting Democratic states. Mrs Clinton now leads by just a point in the latest Washington Post/ABC poll - she had enjoyed a 12-point margin last week.

Of course, many said the ABC poll was slightly skewed compared to others, that had Hilary at a 6 point lead over Trump.

But yeah, imagine the polls will tighten up significantly now.

And in other news, long time Clinton friend and supporter can no longer support Hillary due to possible constitutional crisis if she were to win.

Here is a video feed off of Twitter where Doug Schoen tells Harris Faulkner on FOX:
-->> Twitter - "(Doug Schoen) Clinton friend since 1994 says he CANNOT support Hillary

During the Sunday broadcast of “Fox Report Sunday,” Democratic pollster Doug Schoen said he is having to reassess his support of Hillary Clinton due to the FBI’s reopening of the criminal investigation into the Democratic presidential nominee.

Quote:“Given that this investigation is going to go on for many months after the election, no matter who wins, but if [Hillary Clinton] wins, we will have a president under criminal investigation with Huma Abedin under investigation,” Schoen said. “[U]nder these circumstances, I am actively reassessing my support. I’m not a Trump person.”

“I’m deeply concerned that we will have a Constitutional crisis if she’s elected. I want to learn more this week, see what we see. But as of today, I am not a supporter of the Secretary of State for the nation’s highest office,” he continued.

Link

a.k.a. 'snarky412'