Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My husband is back in the hospital
I just got back from the hospital ER. Earlier this evening, the nursing home called me and told me they were doing CPR on my husband. I felt my world crash around me. They mentioned the hospital he usually goes to and asked me if I wanted him transported there. I said yes. She then stated that they got his heart going again and the paramedics were loading him up to go to the hospital. She asked if I was alone. I told her I was, and she asked if there was anyone that could drive me to the hospital as she didn't want me driving. I called my parents. They came and got me and took me to the hospital. I was borderline hysterical when I got to the ER. When I checked in, they told me he was stable and conscious, and they were doing tests. They said someone would come talk to me and then I could see him.

Everyone there was so nice. I talked to a social worker and a couple of nurses. Then I got to see him for a little bit. He was awake and aware. I told him how much I love him, and to be strong. I told him they would be admitting him, and that I would come back first thing in the morning. He nodded and smiled. The nurse updated me. The chest x-ray indicated he has double pneumonia. She also said his white blood cell count was elevated. I replied that the nursing home told me he had a UTI, which they have him on Cipro for, and congestive heart failure, which they have him on a diuretic for. She replied that the nursing home neither told the hospital nor the paramedics that. She thanked me for that. I was shocked that the nursing home did not give them that information. Good thing I told her. A couple of days ago, the nursing home actually told me he did not have pneumonia. No wonder he went into cardiac arrest. Double pneumonia, a UTI, and congestive heart failure. I'm so glad they pulled him from the brink. 

He will be admitted. I decided to go back home, as they assured me they would take care of him being admitted and they have my contact info if they need to reach me. My husband was so tired. I'm still a mess, and I don't think I will be getting any sleep, but will at least try and lie down for a while. Please keep him in your prayers. Thanks.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
My husband is back in the hospital - by ChiefD - 10-23-2022, 04:09 AM
RE: My husband is back in the hospital - by Sol - 10-23-2022, 10:58 AM
RE: My husband is back in the hospital - by Sol - 10-25-2022, 10:17 AM
RE: My husband is back in the hospital - by Snarl - 10-27-2022, 04:19 AM
RE: My husband is back in the hospital - by Snarl - 10-31-2022, 01:29 AM