Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which ones of the 10 commandments have you broke? (If any)
(10-11-2022, 07:20 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 07:10 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Why? My Mother said that was one of the first words that ever came out of my mouth, and that I never stopped asking the question once it crossed my lips. She saved her change so she could buy me books to add and complete our encyclopedia collections. I spent an unusual amount of time in the local library, chasing answers to questions that others could not answer, for me. I spent hours in the Library of Congress, also searching for that elusive information. All those years later, and here I am, almost at the gate, and still asking, why?

Maybe that is the quest, searching to still the addiction for the knowing. Maybe as suggested in the novel "Ishmael", that the eating from the fruit of the tree of knowledge infected us with the curse of ever searching for the why? but keeping us from the understanding required to quench the thirst of knowing. It might be why we look to those we deem to be wiser, more knowing, always hoping that someone will breach the fortress of the knowing and share that gift with us. All we keep finding is disappointment, because I believe that the answer is so simple  we just can't process what is right in front of our eyes. Or we don't want to see it, and likely don't want to know it. Plausible denial remains strong in our human psyche.

minusculebeercheers

I think you can see a simulated version of that going on right now.

Too many people, especially on the internet, think they already know what everyone, knows, thinks, and what they are going to do.

Most people do not accept this new normal, but they are the silent majority. In the mean time. the inmates are running the insane asylum.

tinylaughing
That is a cute story. Eloquent also.

What if there was no need for the "why?" We just knew. Everything. I think that would involve a high risk of dying due to pure boredom. There would have been no need or will for me to make this thread. I would have already known everyone's replies beforehand. The fascination resides within the mystery.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which ones of the 10 commandments have you broke? (If any) - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-11-2022, 07:37 PM