Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Book of Guohua
[Image: attachment.php?aid=11848]

Guohua was one of a kind. She saw Rogue-Nation3 as welcoming and civil, and that is the way it is going to stay. You don't screw around with a winning formula.

This thread is to memorialize Guohua. It's a place for personal stories of encounters and interactions with her, and a place to gather some of her more insightful posts.

My initial encounter with Guohua was at ATS. Some of you may recall that I was something of a shit-poster there. I didn't even try to stay civil. I would usually go into a thread kicking over barstools, and see who took the bait, Then I'd work the conversation around to a more civil tone as well as I could, often with pretty good results. I made friends out of a lot of enemies there.

Guohua, and Mr. G, have something of a chequered past, and I think she saw somewhat of a kindred spirit in me. We first encountered one another there in thread posts, which led to PM's. We often came to the rescue of one another at ATS, because our backgrounds allowed us to speak with some authority on certain issues that were touched upon there.

When we left ATS, for our varying reasons, we both ended up at Hernando's Hideaway, a site which has since gone quiet. We, along with some others such as @"Senona", @"Sol", and a couple others, were made admins there.

However, that idyllic setting was not to be continued. One dark and stormy, brooding night... while we slept... the site owner went into the back and banned all of his admins out of what I can only presume was paranoia. There seem to have been some issues that we didn't see eye-to-eye with him on, so instead of talking it out, he simply booted us in the dark, a sneak attack. We were all booted at the same time, and he was left holding the bag due to his bushwhacking actions... and that site died.

Enter Rogue Nation. RN was Guohua's baby. She'd had enough of getting the boot, and determined to start her own site, for all of us. A place we could go without fear of getting booted, a welcoming place, a home to sit in. A castle where no one could displace us, a place to simply be ourselves, to simply BE.

And that is how R-N3 got it's start - a twinkling in Guohua's eye.

Those days are a bit hazy to me now. I recall that Guohua, @"Senona", and @"Sol", along with another member who has since moved on named Wrabbit, were the prime movers behind Rogue Nation. They did all the hard work in the back end to make it all happen. I wasn't even an admin, may not have even been a mod - I was just here to rest and relax.

Those 4 shepherded us through a number of incarnations, 3 major ones as the site name indicates, with Guohua leading the way to make it the place she wanted it to be.

It is because of that twinkle in Guohua's eye that we even have Rogue-Nation3, and it is because of that that R-N3 will continue on, as a tribute to my friend Guohua.

I invite others to post their stories of Guohua here, to keep her memory and legacy alive. as I was told long ago, as long as someone still remembers you, you have not truly died.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
The Book of Guohua - by Ninurta - 09-10-2022, 06:57 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by MisterSpock - 09-10-2022, 07:18 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by Sol - 09-10-2022, 09:21 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by BIAD - 09-10-2022, 11:21 AM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by 727Sky - 09-10-2022, 01:57 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by hounddoghowlie - 09-10-2022, 03:46 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 09-10-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by Ninurta - 09-10-2022, 07:25 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by BIAD - 09-10-2022, 08:01 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by EndtheMadnessNow - 09-10-2022, 08:50 PM
RE: The Book of Guohua - by BIAD - 09-11-2022, 08:39 AM