Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The First Presidential Debate; Your impressions..
For those of you that have watched the first Presidential Debate between Trump & Clinton, I am undoubtedly curious...did anyone win?

We won't know if it made a difference in the polls before the end of the week but I do have a feeling that no one's gained anything after last night. People preferring Hillary still prefer Hillary, people preferring Trump still prefer Trump and the undecided are still...undecided.

As a Canadian who will obviously not be voting for neither of them comes this November, I tried to look at this debate with neutral eyes. And I think that it didn't come close to being anything productive..or increasingly knowledgeable in a way that would make me gain any IQ points on both political platforms plans.

Actually, neither of them had clear plans on much of anything, really. Mrs Clinton seems to be surfing the wave of the status quo, following in the footsteps of what's already been done by your current Administration. Mr Trump on the other hand, had much to say about what could work and what didn't but had no specific plans mentioned at no point, nowhere in that debate.

Oh. And the Moderator sucked. My opinion. Letting Trump interrupt Clinton every time she had her say was clearly out of his reach. Asking a question about why Trump said that she didn't have a Presidential look had nothing to do - whatsoever - with the topics of the night; merely a direct attack at Trump, and God knows that Mrs Clinton has plenty of subjects that could also be personally attacked.

I also think that Trump missed a few good opportunities to nail Clinton to the wall, like she did to him when he opened the door on her 'stamina'..for example, he could have nailed her on a few doors open about Benghazi..but failed to do so.

Personally, I think that Trump captained the boat for the first half hour but went on different tangents after that. Lack of preparation comes to mind. Clinton, on the other hand, was prepared, almost on a scripted basis. He clearly was not.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for you, my American friends, as you have a tough choice ahead of you, one that will decide on what happens in the next four years, one that every citizen of the world will look at with uncertainty.

Neither are Saints. Both are obvious liars, one from a political background, the other from a business one.

You think anyone gained anything last night?

Curious Canuck would like to know : )

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
The First Presidential Debate; Your impressions.. - by Sol - 09-27-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: The First Presidential Debate; Your impressions.. - by 1984hasarrived - 09-28-2016, 01:10 AM
RE: The First Presidential Debate; Your impressions.. - by 1984hasarrived - 09-28-2016, 01:03 AM
RE: The First Presidential Debate; Your impressions.. - by 1984hasarrived - 09-28-2016, 04:44 AM