Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought
(08-14-2022, 04:25 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I think there is something broken in me. I've never been able to figure out the draw of TikTok. Seems like numbing mindlessness to me, and I'm not big on numbing mindlessness. Since it was engineered to be addictive to humans, there must be something inhuman inside me.

I've had a Facebook account for years, so that I could keep up with family when I was far and away. I use it mostly for posting videos marking anniversaries rather than communicating. During the initial part of the lockdown, I spent more time on it since I was out of work, and had nowhere to go and all day to get there, but FB took exception to my posts and "shadow banned" me. I figured that I'd lived 60 years without it, and could go another 60 without it just as easily. I never looked back.

When the shadow ban was up, I went back to just posting music videos to mark anniversaries, mostly deaths to make sure the dead are remembered, and checking for messages. All those folks got along pretty well when I wasn't posting to their timelines, so they'll do just fine without me. I don't miss it.

I don't understand this apparent human need for constant contact and validation. If you have something to say, say it and move onward. If you don't have anything to say, don't say it anyhow just to be moving air around. Life is too short to dwell on mindless apps.

The coming generations are being taught to function in a world where they are to constantly seek entertainment, or to provide the entertainment. 

Their world starts and ends in the land of "me". Socialization is interaction with avatars, in fantasy virtual worlds, and personal physical contact is taboo.

I have a niece, by marriage. She can't stand to be touched. And no, she was never victimized or traumatized. She is an overly spoiled brat, that thinks she is entitled to be treated as if she is "special". What she is, is social mediarized.

She is 28, so she had to be artificially inseminated to have a child, that I already feel sorry for. All this because she doesn't not want anyone to touch her. The child is a girl but she forbids anyone to give her anything pink.  And prefers to dress her in purple and black. She says her child is gender neutral. 

She calls the child "Little Bear", and no one knows what the child's real name is, yet, because she does not want her child stigmatized by people making variations of her name. Like calling her Cindy, if her name was Cynthia.

Please don't ask me how anything this modern day, socially compliant, generation is going to make it in this world. Most of them are so ridiculous, that they don't even look real. They have become living copies of the characters they dream up in their head.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by Ninurta - 08-14-2022, 04:25 PM
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by BIAD - 08-14-2022, 06:18 PM
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-14-2022, 06:19 PM