Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought
(08-13-2022, 07:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am seeing more and more dopamine triggering videos turning up on YouTube.

The only places I go regularly online is YouTube, because I am trying to support a family member with their channel, and here. I never saw the appeal of TikTok or any of the social media sites. I gave up Facebook when the kids grew up.

Now it appears that TikTok is just the tip of the iceberg, and almost all the internet is being weaponized.

Quote:Tiktok is a psychological weapon and is one of the evilest businesses in modern history. TikTok is trash because Tiktok makes money from your misery. Tiktok is garbage because it is funding China's 2049 plan. CCP's Bytedance is making billions of dollars from AI technology that is ruining society. Tiktok makes money by destroying society and culture. Tiktokers are making millions of dollars and making lots of money from selling out to the business of China's Bytedance which is why Tiktok is bad and Tiktok is trash.

very rarely do i look at any social media, i've always thought that those that are constantly posting on those suffer from a mental disorder
called Histrionic Personality Disorder, that is the need to seek approval from others. i've always called them the look at me sites. and you know what, there are a lot of people that i would say suffer from it world wide.

here is a study,

Quote:Abstract

In the present study, a hypothetical model examining the relationships between histrionic personality belief, need for social approval, desire for being liked, social media disorder, and narcissistic personality belief was proposed and tested. The effect of histrionic personality belief on the need for social approval and desire for being liked was tested first. Then the effect of the need for social approval and desire for being liked on social media addiction were tested. Finally, the effect of social media addiction on narcissistic personality belief was tested. The present study comprised 305 adolescents (165 girls and 140 boys) and they were administered the Personality Belief Questionnaire-Short Form, Need for Social Approval Scale, Desire for Being Liked Scale, and Social Media Disorder Scale. Before the proposed hypothetical model was tested, each latent variable was tested with measurement models to determine if it could be used in structural models. Findings demonstrated that histrionic personality belief positively affected the need for social approval and desire for being liked. The need for social approval and desire for being liked positively affected social media addiction. Finally, social media addiction positively affected narcissistic personality belief.

link:  Histrionic Personality, Narcissistic Personality, and Problematic Social Media Use: Testing of a New Hypothetical Model

there are others web sites and studies on this.

now i'll have to admit that over the years i've made hundreds of fake accounts and the most popular ones and a few of the dead ones to read and see stuff posted that you had to log in to read. have forgotten all but one and that one is the main one that claims that you have to use your real name, which is bullshit cause i've had that one at least 10 years now and have to use it occasionally.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by hounddoghowlie - 08-14-2022, 02:33 PM
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by Ninurta - 08-14-2022, 04:25 PM
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by BIAD - 08-14-2022, 06:18 PM