Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought
(08-13-2022, 07:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am seeing more and more dopamine triggering videos turning up on YouTube.

The only places I go regularly online is YouTube, because I am trying to support a family member with their channel, and here. I never saw the appeal of TikTok or any of the social media sites. I gave up Facebook when the kids grew up.

Now it appears that TikTok is just the tip of the iceberg, and almost all the internet is being weaponized.

Quote:Tiktok is a psychological weapon and is one of the evilest businesses in modern history. TikTok is trash because Tiktok makes money from your misery. Tiktok is garbage because it is funding China's 2049 plan. CCP's Bytedance is making billions of dollars from AI technology that is ruining society. Tiktok makes money by destroying society and culture. Tiktokers are making millions of dollars and making lots of money from selling out to the business of China's Bytedance which is why Tiktok is bad and Tiktok is trash.

I'm with you on that. Deleted my FB acct about 10 years. Youtube has a galactic size cesspool of vids. I stick to a few dozen channel favs. Try logging out and click to see what's trending. All crap. Targeted at kids.

Same here, never seen the appeal with TikTok though I can understand why kids are so addicted to it. I've always avoided since it's owned/controlled more or less by the CCP.

The internet, primarily the social media sphere has all been weaponized with psychological black/white/grey propaganda. I'm on Gab.com (very little) and mostly Twitter but, only because I been on it for years and have learned how to navigate through the nonsense and stick with the like minded accounts.

Quote:On March 12, 2020, Sen. Josh Hawley introduced a bill into the Senate to ban the downloading and use of TikTok, the Chinese social media app, on federal government devices. Hawley’s bill carves out exceptions for such activities as law enforcement investigations and intelligence collection, but holds that

no employee of the United States, officer of the United States, Member of Congress, congressional employee, or officer or employee of a government corporation may download or use TikTok or any successor application developed by ByteDance or any entity owned by ByteDance on any device issued by the United States or a government corporation.

Unpacking TikTok, Mobile Apps and National Security Risks

From 2 years ago:
Quote:TikTok is breeding a new batch of child stars. Psychologists say what comes next won't be pretty

✅ The biggest stars of 2020 are kids who have gone viral on social media.

✅ Experts say these young influencers are even more at risk for developing problems than previous generations of child stars, as their lives are constantly broadcast (and observed by) millions worldwide.

✅ With social media, people have become obsessed with their own visibility. Whether they're aware of it or not, influencers are constantly fighting to be seen and battling that "threat of invisibility," said Ciarán Mc Mahon, PhD, the author of "The Psychology of Social Media."

✅ Child stars often become addicted to fame, and thousands of influencers fighting for attention may be extremely disappointed when they are one day unable to keep it up.

Yep, it's been quite ugly.

From near 3 years ago. What happened here?
Quote:US Senators Call on Director of National Intelligence to Investigate TikTok, Other Chinese Apps (October 24, 2019)

U.S. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) are the latest to sound the alarm on Chinese short-form video app Tiktok, writing to the U.S. director of national intelligence (DNI) to assess the national security risks posed by TikTok and other Chinese applications with a U.S. presence.

Apparently nothing from alphabet club and the CCP said No, you will not ban it. Pathetic.

"This is a time of war and global peril." ―Joe Biden (July 2, 2022)
Thanks Joe.

"If I meet other people and criticize their weaknesses, I rob myself of higher cognitive power. But if I try to enter deeply and lovingly into another person's good qualities, I gather in that force."
― Rudolf Steiner
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by EndtheMadnessNow - 08-14-2022, 03:26 AM
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by Ninurta - 08-14-2022, 04:25 PM
RE: TikTok Is Worse Than You Thought - by BIAD - 08-14-2022, 06:18 PM