Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Africa] The Tribulations Of Making A Gospel Music Video.
(08-02-2022, 03:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I guess I am as guilty as the next person on this. I assumed because it happened in South Africa, the assailants were South African, but I was wrong.

There are several articles about the internet, and the provided information does not match.
They do all mostly speak of the the models, the assaults, and the Zama Zama, the illegal miners that terrorize the region.

These Zama Zama are migrants. They have no regard for life, including there own...

(Forgive my cranky explanation, but it's something I always look for when survey media reports!)

The reason I mentioned the ethnicity is for the reason you responded with logically, the colour of the suspects' skin are irrelevant.
The media change the rules when a negative involves favoured parties and with the Zama Zama title, it also moves the favoured
party further away from their behaviour.

One can surmise Jack the Ripper was Caucasian, but his awful deeds were never put down to the colour of his skin.
Jeffrey Dahmer's and John Wayne Gacy's acts were never attributed to their skin tone. If this crime had occurred and one suspect
was responsible, would the ethnicity be suggested as a reason...? Of course not! The media portray Africa has a country predominantly
populated by people of a certain colour and of a 'lesser'-style of conduct. They subtly submit that Africa is a violent place and this is
due to the poverty within the massive continent.

Yet in Western countries, this is seldom the case. A murderer/shooter can be reported as a white man for no other reason as
to stir trouble and enhance their reporting of the possible violent outcome. Ironically, the News24 article is a rare piece of
evidence that neutral information can be offered without all the hooks of managed-outrage being attached
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Africa] The Tribulations Of Making A Gospel Music Video. - by BIAD - 08-03-2022, 06:23 PM