Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Africa] The Tribulations Of Making A Gospel Music Video.
(08-02-2022, 02:03 AM)727Sky Wrote: A very horrible story that the girls will live with for the rest of their lives. I suppose they are lucky the animals did
not kill them afterwards as I have read stories where that was the custom. Wonder what religion the perps claimed ?

It's strange that nobody has asked what coloured skin the victims and suspects have. Why is it the ethnicity of those
in this horrible incident is taken for granted?

Quote:'...While arrests have been made after eight women were raped and robbed on the set of a music video in Krugersdorp
there are still many unanswered questions. So far, police have arrested more than 80 people on charges ranging from
illegal mining to illegal immigration, possession of explosives and firearms, and attempted murder. But it is unclear
whether any of the suspects have been linked specifically to the incident.

Two men shot dead after allegedly pointing firearms at police, while another was receiving treatment for gunshot wounds.

What do we know so far?
According to City Press, one of the victims said a local woman who runs a modelling agency had told them about the
photoshoot. 

"The promise was that we'd be paid R300 each. We left on Thursday morning and arrived at Cowboy Farm in Krugersdorp,
where we shot the first leg of the music video. It was decided that another scene would be shot at a mine," the victim was
quoted as saying.

The exact nature of the video is still under dispute, with a source telling the Sunday Times police did not believe the crew
and models were there to make a music video as has been reported.

The film crew and the models reportedly started filming on Thursday around 14:00. The women were apparently wearing
scarves as skirts and standing against the mine dump. The crew was filming when a group of men wearing blankets and
balaclavas approached, firing shots in the air. They ordered everyone to lie on their stomachs and a few minutes later,
more armed men came to join them.

"They all had guns. It felt as if we were in a movie. They searched us, taking our cellphones, sneakers, socks, jackets,
and cameras," one of the victims told City Press, adding that the men on the film crew were stripped naked.

The victim added that the group of assailants included elderly men who forced the younger boys who were with them
to rape the victims as well. After the rapes, they decided to let the captives go. The traumatised group drove to the
nearest police station and were taken to Leratong Hospital.

Fear and outrage

A resident of West Village in Krugersdorp told News24 the crime in the area is, "... an old and ongoing problem".
Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said the rapes on Thursday were one of the countless incidents the
community had witnessed over the years.

She attributed high crime levels to illegal miners known as zama zamas in the area, saying they had long terrorised
residents. During an EFF rally on Saturday, party leader Julius Malema called for harsh sentencing of the rapists.

"When you rape, you kill something inside that person and they will live with it forever.
They are not just rapists but murderers and we don't want to see them in our streets.
They must be confronted and locked in jail for a long time," he said.

Meanwhile, Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi was overcome with emotion when he spoke about how the
incident had awoken his own traumatic memories of treating an eight-year-old girl, on whom he had to perform
reconstructive surgery after she was brutally raped by her uncle.

"Every time you hear about these incidents, you think about your own daughters. I only have
daughters, and you start thinking, 'How would I react if it happens to my daughter?'" he said...'
News24:

.........................................................................................

Krugersdorp is a mining city in the West Rand, Gauteng Province, South Africa.

Quote:Devilsdorp and the power politics of dangerous cults

'Showmax documentary Devilsdorp explores the macabre and murderous story of the religious, extremist sect Electus Per Deus
(Chosen by God). Its members were responsible for a trail of mayhem from 2012 to 2016 in Gauteng’s Krugersdorp, which left
at least 11 people dead. This group was a breakaway from an earlier group called Overcomers Through Christ, and the parent
sect became one of its offshoot’s first targets.

Centred around its unofficial leader, Cecilia Steyn – who told outrageous lies about being a reformed “Satan worshipper” and
“42nd generational witch” – the group murdered rival Christians. They also lured real estate agents and financial advisers into
traps, murdering them for money and perverse thrills.

As the interviews and archival footage unearthed in the documentary show, Steyn’s reign of terror was enabled by an existing
climate of religious paranoia. Fears of the devil and occult conspiracy have long flourished within white conservative social
spaces, a paranoia that became increasingly pronounced after the end of apartheid. While the media was quick to dub these
“Satanic” murders, they were committed by Christian extremists who justified their crimes as a part of a war against the Devil
and his earthly minions...' (More in Link)
LINK:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Africa] The Tribulations Of Making A Gospel Music Video. - by BIAD - 08-02-2022, 09:03 AM