Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Idle Queries.
Here's a thing that I found interesting and it is a little nerdish I suppose, but the musing came to me after noticing something
the other day on the FlightRadar24 website. I've browsed the net for the answer, but I'm still not sure if I'm up-to-speed with it.

One morning, I chanced a look at the 'hole' in the global aviation traffic around the Ukraine and Belarus on the flight-monitoring
website and after seeing that all commercial airlines were avoiding the area, I swung back to take a look around Britain's skies
for purely selfish reasons. There is an airport close to where I live and the landings there are few-and-far-between, usually the roar
of engines comes from a couple of small aircraft belonging to Cobham Aviation Services flying out to the North Sea for surveillance
and reconnaissance.

With the website showing that my local airport was quiet and barren of aircraft, I moved around the British Isles with an idle eye
and clicked on a small airplane that was meandering northwards from the Isle of Wight. When an object is clicked onto, the website
often displays to the viewer an image, details of its altitude and speed, along with a path of its flight from its departure location.

This aircraft was a private Piper-style plane and it had taken-off from an unlicensed aerodrome called Bembridge Airport on the
Isle of Wight. I Googled its flight-distance potential and read that its travel range is 465 nautical miles. At the time of locating the
plane, it had travelled vaguely northwards with a slight migrate towards Lincoln on the east of England. After a while, it landed at
Sherburn Aeroclub near Leeds in West Yorkshire. I believe the plane (a Piper PA-28-161 Cherokee Warrior II) is a training aircraft
from this Aeroclub.

My question is (and I'm confident 727Sky will assist!), are private air-travellers and aircraft like this generally checked by any on-the
-ground Governmental officials before or after the journey? Just askin'.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Idle Queries. - by BIAD - 07-05-2022, 09:39 AM
RE: Idle Queries. - by 727Sky - 07-05-2022, 10:01 AM
RE: Idle Queries. - by BIAD - 07-05-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: Idle Queries. - by Ninurta - 07-05-2022, 08:36 PM
RE: Idle Queries. - by BIAD - 07-06-2022, 08:45 AM
RE: Idle Queries. - by 727Sky - 07-06-2022, 09:11 AM
RE: Idle Queries. - by 727Sky - 07-06-2022, 05:07 AM
RE: Idle Queries. - by Ninurta - 07-06-2022, 07:23 AM