Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Protests erupt after fatal officer-involved shooting in Charlotte, N.C.
(09-21-2016, 10:28 AM)senona Wrote: The two things are not related.
Just some people use that as an excuse to do as they please.

What's that old saying...."2 wrongs don't make a right"
And yet the ones they are hurting (the truck drivers for instance, looting and burning their trailers) have
nothing to do with the situation at hand.

THAT is my issue.
Rich or poor, they should know better.
Oh I agree, I would that thought these folk would have realised that their behavior
would cast a bad mark against their loosely-organised group.

The poverty factor only comes into play when one looks at crime without looking
at race. A point that Black Lives Matter seem to ignore. If most black neighbourhoods
live at an accepted poverty level, then it could be agreed that there is a connection.
In my humble opinion.

Sadly, this current bout of reality doesn't reflect this.

But there it is again, the chance to steal from someone and any highfalutin moral
principle goes out of the window... just like the TV and anything else they can get
their hands on!

It's the same old song, If I'm only doing wrong if I get caught doing it and if nobody
sees me doing it.

'Police say the deceased man had a gun, but a woman claiming to be his daughter
says he was unarmed and scared of weapons.

Several police officers have been injured during violent protests following the fatal
shooting of a black man in North Carolina.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department tweeted that "approximately 12 officers"
had been injured during the violence. One of them, it said, had been hit in the face with
a rock. 

Footage from the scene showed a police car being rocked by protesters as a man
stood on its roof. TV pictures also showed officers using tear gas to break up the crowd.
Riot police clashed with protesters shouting "Black lives matter" and "hands up,
don't shoot!".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=515]

A TV news crew was forced to withdraw from the area after protesters began rocking their
van and images showed damaged patrols cars at the scene.
Jennifer Roberts, Mayor of Charlotte, tweeted: "The community deserves answers and a
full investigation will ensure."

The protests came after a man was shot dead by police in Charlotte on Tuesday afternoon.
Police spokesman Keith Trietley said officers went to an apartment building looking for a
suspect who had an outstanding warrant. 
On their arrival, he said, they saw a black man get out of a car with a gun, before getting
back in the vehicle...'
SOURCE:

So were the TV crew involved in the shooting...? No, they were just probably white or more
poignant, deemed part of the system.

That system is seen as a place where no person of colour can reach, it's full of wealth and luxury.
The only down-side to this is that it's not true as Obama, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice and
countless others can testify to.
And obviously, this magical place doesn't exist.

One can't apply serious causes and effects when all these protesters see is an opportunity to
berate the Police and vandalise in the name of race.

'Black Lives Matter' were demanding that Police refrain from patrolling certain neighbourhoods
and now you know why. Looting is difficult enough without having the Law Enforcers getting in
the way and asking you to not do something your parents should've told you was wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt after fatal officer-involved shooting in Charlotte, N.C. - by BIAD - 09-21-2016, 02:52 PM