Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
The (Dark) "Cloud"
As I noted in another thread, I've been wanting to post this topic for a while here, but never got around to it.  I have a couple other stories (actually quite a few) as well, but I will start with this one first because it is really a 'discussion-starter' more so than anything else.  I will start out by posting some of the initial thoughts and themes and build on this as we move along.  So, here goes...

As many of you know, I work in 'electronic systems', meaning I pretty much eat, drink and sleep technology systems day and night.  And, the systems I work on are in the aviation sector.  Trust that I am fairly well informed regarding 'systems' type discussions pretty much across the board.  However, that said, as many of you also know...my personal life is the almost exact opposite of my professional life (i.e. very simple).  We raise cattle on our ranch.  Now, I don't expect everyone to agree with what I'm about to say.  In fact, I expect some here may even vigorously disagree with what I am about to say, but it needs to be said, and it needs to be discussed...and it needs to be understood by the larger general public who, despite what they may claim, know very little about it.  This subject is...the infamous "Cloud" we all keep hearing so much about.  So, without further adieu, here is the underpinning theme:

The "CLOUD" is a technological ruse so great that it rivals even Algore's "Global Warming" ruse, which in my opinion is one of the greatest deceptions ever perpetuated on society in the history of mankind!  Period.

Whew!  Got that out!  Okay, now here are some reasons why...

1. People hear about "The Cloud" every single day (probably 50 times), but only 1 in 100 people can really tell you exactly what "The Cloud" really means...in a holistic sense.
  2. The big heavy-hitters in technology sector lost control of "technology", and they started losing billions (trillions) in the process.  The "Cloud" solves this problem for them (but not for YOU).
  3. The "Cloud" consolidates CONTROL (there's that evil word again..."Control").  But the control the Cloud consolidates is not things which are readily apparent in society (things like how people do business, and what decisions they make, who they deal with, and how often, etc.)
  4. Think back about when you first started hearing the words "The Cloud"...and what other terms were you hearing a lot of right at that EXACT same time???  You were hearing daily about how Open Source systems like LINUX and many others were gaining traction in the day to day technology sector (no longer were theses things limited to just the computer geeks).  <I'm betting there's some light bulbs lighting up right now!>
Now, before I get into too exhaustive of a list here, I want to walk back through history a bit and draw some curious parallels, just for reference. ...

Back in the 60's computers started to become part of the main stream.  Through the 70's and into the early 80's computers got considerably more capable, but in about 1980 something very important happened, and this was the development of the Personal Computer, or "PC" as we know it today.  This was a HUGE technological leap for a variety of reasons, but the biggest one was something which few outside of the technology sector noticed.  The PC took computing OUT of the traditional "Data Center" environments.  At first, the 'computing' being done by PC's was just a tiny microscopic fraction of the total amount of "compute" being done, but the trend had been started.  There were limitations though, and these limitations kept the proverbial TPTB at bay, at least initially.

Early computing was constrained by the lack of effective means for one processor to talk to another.  (Note - I'm covering a LOT of ground here quickly, and glazing over parts, to simplify).  Essentially, computers couldn't 'talk' to each other very well.  Over the years, this problem was solved, albeit very slowly.  The solution?  "Networks".  Networks connected computers together, but early networks were very crude (even up until recently really).  What many people think are 'sophisticated' networks even today are actually pretty crude when it comes to REAL computing...like the important stuff.  (and balancing a checkbook is not one of these, nor is writing a letter to Santa).

In time though, networks improved.  First they improved inside the office environment.  We know these as Local Area Networks or "LANs".  The bigger transport though was in the Wide Area Networks or "WANs", and these were the realm of the Telcos and ISP's.  These not only connected offices together, but they connected entire Cities and even Countries together.

Then along came that PITA little device known as the "Cell Phone", the proverbial 'electronic leash'.  Well, that little cell phone changed a whole bunch of things, not the least of which was how computers talked to each other.  So, a little bit of the Telco lock on the market was lost to the cell phone providers.  Then came the "Smart Phone", and another chunk was lost.  BUT, what people didn't see happening when all this went down was...the cellular providers had installed massive infrastructure networks across this country and the World which rivaled those of the traditional Telcos. 

Now there was competition!

Up to this point has probably been some easy remedial reading for many.  From this point forward, I'll start getting into some more complex subjects which glue these pieces all together and illustrate what an absolutely unimaginably massive mind-game has been played on society and the World. 

So, I will call this the end of "Part I - The (DARK) Cloud"

<End PART 1>

---To be continued---   (and I haven't even gotten started yet!!!)

Messages In This Thread
The (Dark) "Cloud" - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-15-2022, 05:13 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-15-2022, 05:55 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-15-2022, 06:48 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-15-2022, 07:03 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-17-2022, 01:53 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by 727Sky - 06-17-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 06-17-2022, 03:25 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by EndtheMadnessNow - 06-17-2022, 04:32 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-17-2022, 06:30 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by BIAD - 06-17-2022, 08:38 AM
RE: The (Dark) "Cloud" - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-17-2022, 03:15 PM