Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Do We Stop Being As Stupid As They Think We Are?
(06-15-2022, 09:06 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Society stops being stupid when society understands the fundamental problem, when they understand the disease not the symptom.  But those are just cliche' words, too easy to say.  So, here's a different way of saying it.

The fundamental problem as I see it is society does not truly understand the nature of incremental change.  How often do we hear things like..."Well, when (this, really BIG thing) happens, THEN people will be out in the street with pitchforks and torches, and by-cracky, I'll be right out there with 'em!!  Damn Straight!!"...?  We hear that all the time.  In fact, someone even said something similar in this very thread.

People are always waiting for the Moon to crash into the Sun, or Armageddon, or a Solar Flare (or whatever).  People need to understand these changes happen incrementally, and they're small.  There's probably never going to be that BIG event which triggers everyone.  In the meantime people should be getting incrementally more angry about small incremental changes.  But they don't do this; what they do is get mad a little bit today and then calm down later.  Then when something happens they get a little mad, and calm down again.  They're resetting every time.  This is almost a textbook definition of 'apathy'.  People are accepting the incremental hurt which creeps into their lives, and swearing they'll act when the Sun doesn't come up tomorrow.  Well, people aren't going to live long enough for the Sun to not come up tomorrow, so they need to be getting pissed off about toilet paper prices going up $0.27.  And getting even more pissed off when the same toilet paper goes up another $0.05, and so on.  People need to say today, right now, when the price of toilet paper goes up by $1 dollar and nine cents, I am going to REVOLT, and I'm not going to stop revolting until the price of toilet paper goes down AT LEAST one dollar and nine cents!  Period.

And whatever that revolt means (be it stopping buying toilet paper and using a sandpaper instead, whatever it is), they need to stick to it!

This is how I operate.  Some things are peaceful, like stopping buying something.  Others are less peaceful, like someone laying claim to something which is mine.  That is going to be met with force...every time.

People just refuse to understand incremental change.  They just can't get this concept through their thick skulls.

(...and the government knows this, and they love it too!  They use it against the American people every single day, passing more and more laws...incrementally encroaching on freedoms, rights, income and you name it)

Enough!

Everything single thing you said is spot on.

The only thing that I think is a bit off, is that I believe that the majority of the people "know" that they are being slow boiled.

I believe that as long as they can tolerate the rise in temperature, they will bitch about the heat, but they are too content to get out of the pot. Even though they "know" that by staying in, their arse will be surely cooked.

I have watched news segment after news segment, of intelligent, hard working people, being kicked out of their homes, living in their cars, or on the streets, because they did not believe what was happening in front of their faces.

I am just as guilty. I see the handwriting on the wall. I know what is coming. I am hoping for the impossible, and have made contingency plans, but in the end I know I will be sitting on the ground of the gulag with the rest of my friends and family.

I have only one family member that is willing to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. The other thousand, plus one, will be knocking on the door, empty handed, expecting to be let in.

And knowing myself and my Brother, we will seal our fate, and open the door to our certain demise.

I find it amazing at how well conditioned we are. Giving the devil his due, they have been at this task for a very, very, long time. They are indeed, masters of their craft.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Do We Stop Being As Stupid As They Think We Are? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-15-2022, 11:46 AM