Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas
Reply to Schmoe1:

I think a security team is wise, wouldn't even have to be armed. Two guys, one on patrol and another monitoring the CCTV cameras. Both should have two-ways, maybe armed with a taser or pepper spray if it's a bad school district and some kind of body armor at least on hand if needed.

My point is really that all teachers and staff should be involved. With all those eyes on the alert and a land line telephone in each room like they have, plus a school wide public address system, a shooter would never get in or at least everyone in the building can be alerted more quickly.

They need a serious training course that includes situational awareness along with the lock down and evacuation procedures they currently have. There are really simple things too, like heavy curtains that can be closed over windows and doors to hide targets. Classroom arrangement of tables, cabinets and shelves for use in defensive cover. I know a couple of the male teachers have a baseball bat in their classroom, at the ready I suspect. I've often wondered who might be armed with something in their vehicle. Not allowed, but stored legally in your trunk, you may get away with the excuse you were headed to the shooting range after work.

Messages In This Thread
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-25-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 05-27-2022, 02:18 PM