Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-30-2022, 12:36 PM)SimeonJ Wrote: I have read somewhere that the insects requires 6 time less food to produce 1 kilo of protein compared to the beef.
That's why they are promote it as a food.

I suppose that might be a solution for some folks, especially folks that live in cities that don't have any other resources. Around here, I've got enough protein on the hoof in the woods to last a lifetime, and it feeds itself so I don't have to worry about that.

A few nights ago, I saw a deer grazing at the base of my white pine tree, no more than 15 feet from the rail of my deck. I don't even have to leave the house - they come to me!

Squirrels all over the place here, I reckon because of all the black walnut, hickory nut, and beech nut trees around. This afternoon, I saw one strolling across my deck like it owned the place, not a care in the world. Yesterday there was a big brown wood rat sitting out there sunning itself like IT owned the deck.

And rabbits. I've got a hutch of wild rabbits living in my yard. Last year, the cat killed two small ones and brought them in as "gifts", but the rabbits payed no mind, and are still living there.

Snakes, lots of snakes. You can see brown water snakes every day down at the bridge, "fishing" for minnows I suppose.

So no, not me nor anyone in my house is going to be eating bugs.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Ninurta - 05-30-2022, 09:19 PM