Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-28-2022, 06:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Waitaminnit!

Y'all can grow lychee there?

I'd kill for some fresh lychee or longan. A little Buddhist monk used to bring me lychee and longan still on the branch when I was standing guard duty at a place, and I sure miss 'em. Little fella must have thought I looked sickly or something, as he was always bringing that, or sticky rice loaves wrapped in banana leaves, or fresh coconuts still in the husk, or grass tea, or something different every day, like he was trying to make sure I didn't fall over of starvation while I was at my post.

I live less than three miles from a large lychee grove. Several of my close friends have lychee trees, and star fruit. My neighbor has a longan tree.

I have tons of bananas, papaya, java plums, pineapples, and balsam pears (they grow on a vine, and grow wild). We have plenty of fruit trees in Florida. My brother has miracle fruit, Florida peaches, mangoes, avocado, oranges, and ackee.

All of my pineapples I grew from the tops of store bought fruit. They only produce every two years, but I have about twenty of them and I have four more ready to go into the ground.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-28-2022, 03:06 PM